How long until I see results?

Options
BradHallFitness
BradHallFitness Posts: 152 Member
I get this question all the time. When I started on my journey with Beachbody/P90X I wanted immediate results. After a month I had dropped 10 pounds but looking in the mirror looked the same to me. I almost quit. But thanks to my wife I kept going and pushing harder.

Friends/family could see a difference in me after about 1.5-2 months while I really couldn't tell. But after the 90 days, I could really see it.

Here is a great article from the creator of the P90X Results/Recovery drink on "How long do I have to exercise before I see results"
SPOILER ALERT - Most will not like this answer.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-long-do-i-have-to-exercise-before-i-see-changes/#axzz21N5gavks

Replies

• Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite "keep going" quotes is from Lee Labrada. In his book "The Lean Body Promise" he writes:
    (I'm paraphrasing here)

"It takes 4 to 6 weeks for you to see change. The changes are happening on the inside first. "

I truly believe that most people give up too soon because their weight isn't changing or they can't "see" results.

Stick with it, make it your habit.

And for real--take pictures and measurements.
  • sgoessling
    sgoessling Posts: 119
    Options
    I feel AMAZING after spending 2 weeks working out everyday and exceeding. I didn't get over weight in a month, so I'm def not going to get fit in a month! I like that quote to, because it's so true! And really great article, very truthful and informational. Sometimes it takes our friends, family, SO, to support and push us, that why I started this group! So we could all struggle and help each other for when we get discouraged!