Playing Sports

Options
DMZ_1
DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
What are the best sports to play with a date or a significant other? What are some of your favorite sports to play on a date?

There are the bar sports like billiards and darts. I like darts more than billiards, as I am more skilled in darts than billiards. But billiards can be a good choice.

Ice skating can be romantic.

The racquet sports like tennis, racquetball and squash have a niche. They are good because they are two person sports. But they are skilled games, and it is best when two people of near equal skill levels play these sports.

Two people can play basketball together.

Replies

• SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    tackle football

:tongue:
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Daisy_Cutter Posts: 774
    Options
    I think bowling is hilariously fun on a date or mini golf. It's relaxed and fun... lots of laughing.

However, I think wrestling is fun too. :devil: ... but maybe not on a first date!
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    I think bowling is hilariously fun on a date or mini golf. It's relaxed and fun... lots of laughing.

However, I think wrestling is fun too. :devil: ... but maybe not on a first date!

I've been bowling on a first date. It was FUN. Lots of laughter. And I do like mini-golf.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Mini golf is a good choice. It is late, so I forgot that one. Bowling-that's mixed. Some women may not be into the whole smelly bowling shoes thing. There is absolutely nothing romantic about bowling, so it's not the greatest early stage date, but could be a good later date after the romantic component has been introduced.
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Mini golf, laser tag, batting cages, ping pong or air hockey death match.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I agree with the mini-golf.
    Others pool, badmitten, croquet (I know I spelled that wrong), or a 3 -par golf course.

I would suggest some thing that you are good at or something you are both new too. As a girl on a first or early stage date I would not really want to go on a date where I knew what I was doing but the guy had no clue.
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    kayaking, bowling, rock/wall climbing things like that could work too. Depends on the people. I hate pool but I'll do it and I'm not a golfer but I would mini put for fun.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I think any sport you both play! For example, I can play badminton, squash and table tennis. But I can't play lawn tennis.

Air hockey is always fun.

I think bowling is fun too. But yeah, you'd need to know in advance so that you can take socks!!

I dont think I'd like swimming or kayaking as that would involve change of clothes etc

Ice skating romantic DM?? I assume you're good at it then?? I usually spend most of the time on my *kitten*!! :laugh:
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Frisbee! But if one of you sucks it will be lame. Bowling is good, slightly competitive and you could put a friendly wager on it!
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I'd love it if my date was a good enough golfer to make a fun date out of it. Seems like most women I know don't golf though. Putt Putt or frisbee golf would be fun too. I feel like bowling is one of those things you do when you can't think of anything else to do.

Hiking, kayaking, or rock climbing would be fun, but I don't really consider them sports. Bar games are pretty obvious.

I personally prefer a good game of hide the salami.
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm a weirdo but I'd LOVE to hit the batting cages on a date!
    I've gone on a bowling date. Took forever because he and I were talking so much inbetween frames. It was a really good first date. Guys, just make sure to give advanced notice onbowling so girls will bring socks and know to forgo getting their nails done.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    Pool, basketball, mini golf...i absolutely SUCK at bowling
  • The_Iron
    The_Iron Posts: 288
    Options
    I wouldn't call most of those sports. More like 'sport-like' activity. Bowling with me can and will be fun cuz it's mandatory we down a pitcher of beer per game. Anything can be fun as long as it doesn't take a lot of skill or make you sweat and stink.
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Not a golfer outside of putt putt, where I can win any time :happy:

I am the world's worst bowler so that would be torture. I literally bowled a 33 once... I didn't know the score could go that low. It was with my VP at the time so nerves may have played a part, haha...

Laser tag is cool, though I'm too competitive and took out some of my coworkers last time (literally) so not sure that'd impress a date, or maybe it would?! I love things like air hockey and ping pong but don't really think of them as sports.

I would LOVE it if a date wanted to kayak or hike. Again, maybe not "sports" but higher activity levels, so pretty cool. A chance to show off I suppose, haha...

Roadie's suggestion of Hide the Salami when done right could be a great sport :bigsmile:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I am sadden by the lack of paintball in this thread. :frown:
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options

Yes!! I used to play it quite a bit with friends, I was a good shot, any one I take out there on date isn't wanna going go for drinks afterwards lol
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options

Paintball is fun. I just prefer to to get bruised up on dates.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

I feel the same way about chess boxing.
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612
    Options
    The problem with a lot of those "sports" or activities is there is a certain level of experience required to have fun. I'm pretty competitive, so if I'm doing something I'm not good at it's going to make me self-conscious and that's not good on an early date. With that said, some of them don't matter if you are good or not: air hockey, paintball, mini golf, bowling (you can always add bumper guards), laser tag. Personally, pool for me would be torture. A rock climbing wall or hiking would be fun. A bike ride, too. Batting cages would be a blast even though I wouldn't be that good at it.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    Just thought of go karts, bumper cars or bumper boats.