Week 3 Weigh Ins -- how are we doing?

Options
devonette
devonette Posts: 263 Member
Well, I'm thinking I'm not going to make the 4% goal by the 31st, but I am still losing, so I consider that a success, even if not what I'm hoping for. I only lost 1/2 pound this week, but we ate out at Uno Chicago Grill last night for a school club fundraiser (kept the calories down, but the sodium was high) and went sightseeing yesterday and had a "6 inch Subway sandwich (again kept the calories down, but the sodium was through the roof!) so not surprised that I probably retained water weight. I did walk at total of 8.75 miles yesterday (burned 1000 calories, supposedly) so that hopefully helped somewhat!

Replies

• FaithFitness4Life
    Options
    I've had a week of only .5 lb loss but I'm determined to keep going and meet my 11pound goal for month. I have to say honestly, if i didnt have this "group challenge", i don't think I would have stuck with it.

I cannot say "thank you" enough and 'beg' for us to continue into August for another challenge. It really motivates me to keep going, not give up. I got really down about no loss all week and then I remembered the goal and weekly weigh-in and it made me say "No, I'm not giving up!!!" If I give up, then I'm giving up the 7lbs i've lost so far and I dont want to gain that back.

So, THANK YOU to all of you and this group!!! THANK YOU!!!

Hugs!!!
    :flowerforyou: :heart: :smooched:
  • JIGGLYbellyPUFF
    JIGGLYbellyPUFF Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have to lose 2.2....difficult, but not impossible. I'm pretty confident. I think a lot of it is due to high sodium intake as well so losing it shouldn't be as difficult as it would normally be.

Also, I'm with Jento140, we should make an August one next week.
  • VCanadapt
    VCanadapt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I've been all over the scale this month. I lost 1 pound in the first week only to gain back 4 in the second week :( . I've had a busy month (mostly because of other people making plans for me..) and I've not been able to exercise like I want to. Now I'm in recovery mode, trying to recoup and lose the 4 I gained plus the 9 I commited to lose. I don't think I'm going to make it by next week but I'm doing what I can. I'm not giving up! I'm still in this fight.
  • Sassybecky
    Sassybecky Posts: 72
    Options
    The goal was always a real stretch for this month! But I am down 2.5 lbs. as of this morning so I am happy. I've been making )(mostly) good choices, trying some new healthy recipes and being more active than usual.
  • cmayoung
    cmayoung Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My goal was to lose 7.9 lbs. At the time, I wasn't sure I would make it but as of last week I was down 8 lbs. I weigh in tomorrow morning and I think I lost 1.5 lbs this week!!! SO EXCITED!
  • lodeannalo
    lodeannalo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    :laugh: My goal was to loose 10.2. I am down 8.2, only two pounds left to go!! I can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • BrookeeFranks
    BrookeeFranks Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 2 more pounds and I will hit my goal!! Very excited. I am doing 30 DS.
  • shaylan_
    shaylan_ Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I started looking to lose about 8.2 lbs, and I've actually exceeded that goal! I am aiming for another 2lbs lost at my next weigh-in on the 30th. I'm so inspired by those who have met their goals, those who have only a little way left to go, and those who are trying despite setbacks. You all rock!
  • devonette
    Options
    Well, I'm thinking I'm not going to make the 4% goal by the 31st, but I am still losing, so I consider that a success, even if not what I'm hoping for. I only lost 1/2 pound this week, but we ate out at Uno Chicago Grill last night for a school club fundraiser (kept the calories down, but the sodium was high) and went sightseeing yesterday and had a "6 inch Subway sandwich (again kept the calories down, but the sodium was through the roof!) so not surprised that I probably retained water weight. I did walk at total of 8.75 miles yesterday (burned 1000 calories, supposedly) so that hopefully helped somewhat!

Update -- I was right about the sodium being the culprit. This morning I weighed 1 pound less than at weigh in yesterday. It doesn't help me for this week's weigh in, but as long as I behave, I should show a good loss at final weigh in!
  • SRitzy
    SRitzy Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have 2.3 lbs to go. That will be tough since we are going away this weekend to celebrate our 28th anniversary. I'm just hoping I don't gain this week. We are spending Saturday at the zoo. Hopefully all that walking will help. Good luck to everybody else!
  • devonette
    Options
    Very sad to see that only 17 out of 105 people who registered for the challenge have weighed in for 7/23 (week 3). I'm hoping that more of them will come back and weigh in for the final weigh in. I'm also wondering what became of our fearless leader lottieloves85. She was giving us such great daily challenges and then disappeared after the first week was over!
  • CowgirlKimi
    CowgirlKimi Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    HI! I weighed in!!!! OK... Week 3 weigh in here we go!

Starting weight on 7/1/12 179.3
    Weight on 7/23/12: 168!

I DID IT! I made my challenge goal !!!!!! (I set a personal goal of 10# for this month) YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • devonette
    Options
    HI! I weighed in!!!! OK... Week 3 weigh in here we go!

Starting weight on 7/1/12 179.3
    Weight on 7/23/12: 168!

I DID IT! I made my challenge goal !!!!!! (I set a personal goal of 10# for this month) YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, excellent job, CowgirlKimi! Congratulations!
  • cbendorf13
    cbendorf13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Got to goal (8.2 lbs) and a little more (total lost 9 lbs). Will try for 10 lbs. It has been great reading posts seeing people work towards goals and even stumble - I stalled in the second week - but continue to go for it. Loved the initial challenges and suggestions people made.
  • BetheLight
    BetheLight Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Can we change the name of this to "The Big August Challenge"? I'd love to try again. July didn't happen for me and looks like for others as well. : D
  • CowgirlKimi
    CowgirlKimi Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Can we change the name of this to "The Big August Challenge"? I'd love to try again. July didn't happen for me and looks like for others as well. : D

I'm down for that! Even though I met my goal, i have another 26 # to go and would love to stay with the "challenge" theme!
    Let's DO THIS!

Kimi
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    yeah... i didn't make it either... :ohwell:
  • cbendorf13
    cbendorf13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Very sad to see that only 17 out of 105 people who registered for the challenge have weighed in for 7/23 (week 3). I'm hoping that more of them will come back and weigh in for the final weigh in. I'm also wondering what became of our fearless leader lottieloves85. She was giving us such great daily challenges and then disappeared after the first week was over!

I think it would be great to start with August again. Have some definite goals each week. I was so motivated when we first started and much like the activity on the group dropped so did my extra motivation. Would love to restart this for those who need extra motivation. I did manage to lose more than expected, but kept looking for other groups to join for challenges for that motivation. I think working on a healthy work out not over the top, healthy eating and supporting each other, checking in on those that drop off the radar would be awesome!!