"My Name Is Chelle, And I'm A Chipaholic."

Options
finallychelle
finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
"Hi, Chelle!"

"Every bag of chips, no matter how large, comes in a single serving package, as far as I'm concerned."

"Mmmmmmm, chiiiiips... We agree, Chelle."

"But I can do better. I know I can. I have low calorie alternatives. And I can share them with you."

"Mmmmmmm, chiiiiips... Must have chips..."

"We WILL have chips. And they'll be good! And they won't make us fat-- you'll see!"

"Bring us chips, Chelle. Must have chips..."

"Okay. Let's start here:"

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/finallychelle/view/lo-cal-delicious-chips-and-salsa-190363

Replies

• BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I think I have been to the same "group" as you! Loved your post and loved the recipe idea. Have a similar one and YES, we can lose weight and snack.
  • kiki973
    kiki973 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    LOL hey guys, I love tortilla chips & salsa! Just Saturday I went to lunch & made the choice to eat almost a full days calories on an order of nachos. Uhg, I got a problem Lol.
  • kiki973
    kiki973 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Chelle you know I'm all over that recipe! Do you know if they keep well?
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Chelle you know I'm all over that recipe! Do you know if they keep well?

They keep VERY well for several days. In fact, they're BETTER the second day because they continue to crisp up for a little while after they come out of the oven.

I usually make enough batches to fill a one gallon zip lock before a trip-- and to jazz them up I season them with garlic and rosemary before I bake them. They're so good they'd make you wanna slap yo mama. (Southern expression, for you folks who ain't from here.)

-Chelle
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Great idea on the chip recipe! I like tortilla chips okay, but I'm way more into the regular potato chips myself. I want to learn how to make some of those veggie chips. Or even my own potato chips without all the frying oil and junk. Must do some research.