A little accountability

Options
Hey all, I've been lurking r/loseit for ages. Been "trying to lose weight" for even longer. I'm slowly starting to take it up a notch, starting with tracking my calories and whatnot on this site, plus getting my *kitten* out of the chair. It's tough when you're required to be in it 9 hours out of the day!

Anyway just a bit about myself, I'm 25, living and working in Japan, and would like to not so much lose a set amount of weight as just look good and have a really healthy heart. Alceid from True Blood gives me a serious complex. Surprisingly, it's tough to eat healthy here. You always see all these nice recipes for salads and sammiches with turkey and nice beans and veggies and fruits... but those things are very expensive and rare here (no turkey in Japan). So I'm doing the best with what I've got!

Replies

• thelowcarbrecipes
    thelowcarbrecipes Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Track everything you eat and drink that contains calories [check what your eating and drinking for calories too] never know where they sneak in.

They say losing weight will make you look good in clothing but if you want to look like alceid, you will need to lift weights to look good naked/topless.

All I can suggest is that you keep to a calorie defice until you are satisfied with your weightloss, then it would be time to get weight training [thats a whole other lot of stuff to research so i would just focus on the losing weight first or thats my plan at least]