excersize and does it make a difference in your numbers?

Options
elv1ra
elv1ra Posts: 146 Member
I'm just starting to really use MFP and im focusing on the diet part and so far i seem to be doing quite well on sticking to my daily calorie allowance.

What are you guys and girls doing for excersize? I'm soooo out of shape I don;t even know where to start.

Replies

• manni18
    manni18 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Jumping jack and jump rope are both easy to do anywhere and they can help you burn a lot of calories
  • nataliexxxx
    nataliexxxx Posts: 262
    Options
    I joined the gym about 2 and a half weeks ago it just means that I can have more treats and still lose the weight and it will help me tone up:)
  • Tanisha1014
    Options
    I've decided to do the 30 day shred. But you don't have to eat less. You can eat almost to your calorie goal, workout and you'll still be fine... If you eat 1,500 and burn 600 it'll be as if you only ate 900... Don't go under 1,500 calories.
  • DagobaGirl
    DagobaGirl Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Since I'm on a budget I do a lot of home workouts. I also walk around my neighborhood for an hour or so a day.
  • jessicacalkins
    Options
    Soccer, soccer, soccer. I also go for 2 hour walks each night and do ab work outs before bed.
  • cheerfulfaith
    cheerfulfaith Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The easiest workout is walking, you can even multitask by adding extra walking into your day, for instance I work in retail part-time so I make an effort to walk around the store as much as I can versus standing behind the counter all night. I also work part-time as a TA at a school and when the kids are in gym I walk laps around the gym or when I am filling in for office positions I try to walk laps through the school fairly often.

My favorite exercise though is hiking. Hiking the right hills is a nearly full body workout and getting out into nature is fun and relaxing. I use my hikes as a time of prayer and reflection which also reduces stress which makes weight loss easier.

One last thing I use is watching TV. If you have a stability ball you can try to balance on it while watching TV. I sit and balance on it during the show and do other exercises with it during the commericals (i.e. push ups, curl-ups, etc.) That way I can watch my shows without feeling lazy and disgusting.

I hope those little tid bits help!
  • ShaunRKilroy
    ShaunRKilroy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Almost anything can be good exercise. If you don't want to join a gym, you can do yoga at home. I do a combination of yoga and bodyweight exercises. Running, walking, hiking are all cheap and easy. There are lots of groups on here with people looking for buddies for different activities.

I think an important thing though is to keep your metabolism up through the day by staying at least mildly active. If your metabolic rate drops, you'll start to put on pounds easier. Even if you work out for two hours every night, it's important to keep it up during the day. I try to work standing up when I can, go for walks during lunch, take the steps, etc. In the same regard, I think it's better to split up your workout into AM/PM sessions if you can.