TF - Weight Gain but Loss of Inches (Into Week 2)

Options
Hi all, I just started TF on July 9th, and the first week I did awesome and lost 2.5 lbs, then week 2 came around and i started gaining the weight I had lost back. Thank goodness for taking measurements, because this is the first time I've ever done that, and my measurements are getting smaller, even though the stupid number on the scale won't. Has anyone else experienced this? It's quite frustrating.

Replies

• beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Scales suck! There's a ton of reasons it could be creeping up (salt intake, tom, etc) Def continue taking your measurements and go more off of that than anything else. Eventually the scale will catch up! I should really take my measurements again as well... :)
  • chanty1234
    chanty1234 Posts: 56
    Options
    this happen to me also. I did some research and read that your body can retain water in exposed to vigorous exercise or when trying to adapt to a new routing something about the muscles extending..... You should research it you will feel much better...... After I read this I I continued with my diet and drank at least 8 bottles of water a day and the next wk the weight came off. so hang in there
  • beeceezee
    beeceezee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this question.
    I am taking my measurements later this week (maybe next).
    Sometimes it does feel like the scale slows a bit, but I have heard from many that as you stick with it the scale drops.
    Congrats on the loss of inches, that's what matters the most!!!
  • priepen
    priepen Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    This is common with this workout just stick with it and in the end you will be happy. I am on week 10 I have some weeks where I have a great loss and some weeks none or I gain.
  • kritney
    kritney Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    So glad its not just me! I'm on week 2 and the scale hasn't budged. It's really frustrating, but I love the workouts so much I'm going to stick with it.
  • TessiPSU
    TessiPSU Posts: 19
    Options
    I am on day 3 of the inferno plan and i have gain 0.7 pounds lol. But my body looks and feels better so i am going to keep going :) You should too!
  • staceyanne1220
    staceyanne1220 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the feedback! I actually ate much more than I'm used to yesterday (practically force fed myself) and I dropped .8 of a pound overnight. I think you get so brain washed that you think not eating is the most effective way to loose weight fast, but apparently not when you are doing extreme cardio. I upped my calories to 1450-1500 and saw results this AM, so I'm going to play with my calories and see what happens. This may be useful for some of you that were like me and trying to eat only 1200 (OR LESS - I did during week one :ohwell: I was only taking in 1050 trying to loose 1.5lbs a week) <- don't do that lol!

I plan to stick with it- My beachbody coach says it takes 21 days to form a habit, so I've got only one more week to go for that! :happy: