weight loss stopped apparently..

Options
redraidergirl2009
redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
So I went out of town recently for a minivaca and to get my piloxing instructor certification. I regularly exercised 5 days a week and stuck to my vegan diet. I left town for 4 days, exercised once, ate crap fast food most of the time and oatmeal with juice/coffee at the hotels, and come back and lost 3lbs, but then I go back to normal and put on 3-4...wtf?

I don't fill out my diary but I will tomorrow to see what's going on.
Normally here's what I might eat

breakfast
-homemade smoothie with 3/4 cup blueberries, 1 small banana,1 teaspon chia seeds, some acai juice about 4oz, 3/4cup collard greens, 1oz soymilk, ice

lunch
black bean burrito on wheat tortilla with some pico, and corn and lettuce, sometimes with some tortilla chips and salsa. or 2 slices of toast with peanut butter and usually I drink sugarfree tea

dinner
usually varies, yesterday it was stuffed plabano peppers stuffed with mexican rice, black beans, pinch of daiya, bread crumbs and I had 2 halves, 1 cup of mexican rice

snacks
coke, though not typical

exercise: 1 hr of piloxing (pilates + boxing)
or I go to the gym and run/or elipical a few miles. I usually do at least 1-2 tabata circuits

I'm sitting at 158 and I'm 5'3". I think I'm eating food that's too carby or something..I don't know at this point. It sucks because I'm basically unemployed so I can't buy much of my own food until I get paid for working a whooping 8hrs in like 2wks. It's a crappy summer job I'm actually putting my notice in this week so I can start a better summer job where I'll get 40hrs a week. I'm staying with my parents this summer who are non-vegan and I feel bad buying and cooking a lot of food they won't eat.

Replies

• SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    What time period was the gain over? And how much do you think you're burning with your exercise? You might be eating too little. Maybe while you were getting your cert, you were eating enough and your body was happy to let go, but when you got home your meals are not calorie-dense enough?

Without knowing specifics it's hard, but what kinds of things have you tried? Maybe we can think of something you haven't? :smile:

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    What time period was the gain over? And how much do you think you're burning with your exercise? You might be eating too little. Maybe while you were getting your cert, you were eating enough and your body was happy to let go, but when you got home your meals are not calorie-dense enough?

Without knowing specifics it's hard, but what kinds of things have you tried? Maybe we can think of something you haven't? :smile:

Good luck! :flowerforyou:

The gain was over 7-10 days. I use a mio watch to see my burned calories though it's not a cheststrap one so it's not entirely accurate but I'd guess I'd burn 400-500 a work out session. I ate probably 2000+ calories per day when I was out of town for 4 days. Normally I eat 1800 or less daily.

I have tried putting in work out cals and eating them back with mfp and I just gained weight that way. I felt dead when I'd exercise and not eat any of them back.

I change up my exercises so I'm not running for 3wks straight only and I do muscle work 2x a week.

I lost weight during finals when I would replace two meals a day with a smoothie simply because I didn't have time to cook or go get something. :/ My smoothies are about 300-350 calories since I add in a protein powder if it's a meal replacement.

I'm thinking about trying to count on fats to be low because since I cut dairy I cut out a lot of fat since I used to have dairy for almost every meal. I noticed less stomach in a short amount of time so maybe I should try limiting fats
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I know people on here who have had successes with lowering their fat, at least to get through a plateau. I don't think it could hurt. Also, if you're burning 400-500 cals/day and eating 1800, your net is 1300-1400. Maybe your body just needs a bigger net than that? Maybe try netting 1500-1600 for a while and see what happens? Your body might want to eat a little (not a lot) more to be happy and let the fat go.