2nd Trimester , Will Power

Options
glimmer01
glimmer01 Posts: 18 Member
I'm 20 weeks Pregnant and am all of a sudden gaining weight, 10 pounds in about 3 weeks. And that is NOT baby weight. I'm not even hungry when I'm eating, I just don't feel full so I keep going. Any suggestions? I know your not supposed to loose weight while pregnant but there has to be something that I can do.

Replies

• chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I had a similar gain, about 10lbs in 4 weeks, but I have been eating around 2300 calories, which is my maintenance plus the 250. I would just suggest having healthy, easy snacks around to grab. If you're going to snack, pick fruits, veggies, and nuts. Hope this helps.
  • Mewlingstork
    Mewlingstork Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I did the same right around 22 weeks - gained 8 pounds in three weeks. Since then, I've maintained my weight (started tracking food and exercise, started actually exercising again!) I try to keep the healthy easy snacks at my desk. Plus, when I started tracking my water, I saw I was not getting nearly enough. That's always been my big thing - if I get enough water, I tend to maintain or lose weight. I'm usually thirsty, not hungry, but end up eating anyways.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the weight gain comes in spurts. For me, it was a big jump around 23 weeks.

All you can do is eat healthy foods and exercise regularly. Your body is going to grow a baby the way it wants to grow a baby.

I keep washed and cut veggies in my fridge to snack on when I have pregnant munchies. And I drink 1-2 cups of water before I eat anything. I don't eat junk food or sugar because I want to know I have done everything possible to keep my weight gain to only what is necessary.

Where my willpower comes from: extra sugar makes fat babies and I don't want to deliver a ten-pounder thankyouverymuch.

Do it for the little one!
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options

Where my willpower comes from: extra sugar makes fat babies and I don't want to deliver a ten-pounder thankyouverymuch.

That is the best motivation ever! My brother and I were both average sized babies, but MIL says DH was 9 or 11lbs (for some reason she can't remember which?!). Either way, he was big! I don't want a wrecked vag!