Options
Jarnard
Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
and never felt better...

Replies

• alexbelly
    alexbelly Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    congratulations! did you meet your love on one of those sites?
  • tnrown87
    tnrown87 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    What is OKC?
  • The_Iron
    The_Iron Posts: 288
    Options
    Awesome! I deleted BK, KFC, TB & MCD and never felt better either!

(But seriously, good for you!)
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    Me too!!!
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'll be far behind you. I'm far too naive and trusting online, and there are far too many crazy people out there. More power to those with the stomach for it. Think I'd rather choose to be alone...
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I deleted BK, KFC, TB & MCD and never felt better either!

(But seriously, good for you!)

you're awesome!! i've deleted those too, LOL!!!

i also deleted POF cuz the guys were just creepy. i did reactivate my OKC account, but so far nada. if a couple weeks go by and nothing, i'm leaving online dating for forever!!!!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'll be far behind you. I'm far too naive and trusting online, and there are far too many crazy people out there. More power to those with the stomach for it. Think I'd rather choose to be alone...

I am probably close behind as I just can't get past the point of messaging on the site. I finally gave a guy my number on POF and haven't heard anything since then.

FYI I have reached out to guys first also so it isn't me being passive and waiting for them to come to me. I am just getting a lot more "wants to meet" then actually messages lately. Probably close to a 7 to 2 ratio.
  • Turtlehurdle
    Turtlehurdle Posts: 412
    Options

I met my husband online... on..... wait for it.....

wait....

wait........

yep, world of warcraft! It doesn't get anymore nuts than that! :laugh:
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Way to go if that makes you happy!
  • dynamicwon
    dynamicwon Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    What is OKC?
  • dynamicwon
    dynamicwon Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    What is OKC?

Its okcupid a dating site
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    What is OKC?

OK CUPID......another dating site
  • met42485
    met42485 Posts: 71 Member
    Options

wait....

wait........

I met my [now ex] husband on...MySpace. Yep...sure did...and he was amazing and wonderful for 7 years.
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Daisy_Cutter Posts: 774
    Options

wait....

wait........

I've met some AWESOME guys from WOW... love it.
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    congratulations! did you meet your love on one of those sites?

Nah, I didnt' meet anyone on there. I got tired of sending out messages and no responses.. The ones that did respond, we would meet up but nothing came out of it.. not that i'm rushing to jump into a relationship or anything.. i just find it a waste of time (my opinion). I started treating Okcupid and Plenty of Fish like it was Facebook.

J
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options

wait....

wait........

I met my [now ex] husband on...MySpace. Yep...sure did...and he was amazing and wonderful for 7 years.

I met my ex husband, my ex-fiance, and some great friends online. My ex-fiance was a wonderful guy. I just wasn't ready for marriage and got cold feet! My ex-husband... well, he's an a-hole, but you win some, you lose some... lol
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    LOL.. my friends call it OKStupid because that's usually the kind of folks we meet on there. Think about it -- they are free sites. If you don't have to pay, you aren't going to take it seriously. Most people on there just go on to waste time, see if the grass is greener (just my experience there) and a total waste of space. I went on a date with a guy I had been talking to for weeks and he looked nothing like his photo, was quite dull and it was like pulling teeth to get him to speak. =( I feel your pain, I feel like giving up as well. My problem is I find guys who I fall in love with who don't love me back in a romantic way or vice versa.

Good luck everyone.
  • julesboots
    julesboots Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm wishing I were ready to delete. I suspect that the self loathing that I was sometimes satiating with food is now being played out via tortuous online date shopping . Yuck.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Good for you, OP. On-line dating is crap, and should be avoided at all costs.

Get out and meet people. Join a club, a volleyball team, get active within your community, etc.

The time you spend staring at a bunch of losers on-line can be put to more productive endeavors.

Good luck,

--P
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I finally did it! I shut down POF and Match... waste of time and money. I don't believe it's the right way to meet someone (for me). Men do not give women like me a chance online. It's just the reality I needed to face. While I'm a little hurt by reality, I am SO glad to be done with it. The freaks can find someone else to harass!!