Motivation...

Options
It seems motivation is something very hard for people to come by. I have a facebook page (under my real name) that I am constantly posting motivational pictures on about weight loss, fitness and an overall healthy mental frame of mind. I can not tell you how often people now come to me and let me know how much they LOVE my posts. Very seldom do they "like" it on facebook however! So that started me thinking. What motivates people... I have a nephew that is motivated TO DO something if you tell him he can't. He is a grown, married man. Yet when he hears "can't" he immediately responds (internally) with "WATCH ME"!

My initial motivation for weight loss came from a shocking realization of what I was doing to myself, and even more importantly, my family by being overweight. It is funny however... it seems to me that my motivation NOW comes from MOTIVATION... Yes, you read correctly. In my life right now, I am more motivated to accomplish my goals, if my original motivation has moved me on toward goal completion. MAKES NO SENSE, HUH? For example... if I get up and do my exercises in the morning, I am more motivated to stay on track with my meals than if I miss my exercise routine. Also, if I do well on my diet, then the day after I am even MORE motivated to exercise and start all over again. Therefore, MOTIVATION MOTIVATES ME! How about you? What motivates you?

Replies