p90x Lean

Options
I got the p90x videos from my friend about 6 months ago and am finally starting it up now that I feel I can actually hang with the program (lost a good amount of weight and upped stamina and strength considerably). Decided to go with the Lean program to drop more weight, but I read a few things that said Classic is best for losing weight and toning up more so than Lean. And that Lean is for if you are bulky and want to just drop body fat %. Is this true? Should I just go with the classic?

Replies

• BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Options
    Honestly, the only real difference is that the classic version is designed to get more tone and bulk that than the lean version. The lean version is more cardio based, but still has strength training. You need to build that muscle to lose that fat, so lean is a good mixture of cardio and strength training. I had great results with the classic version and lost 13 lbs in 2 months. I thought about starting the lean version this second time, but decided to stick to classic version, because I love the strength training and I have the option to add cardio X as an extra workout in the morning or night. I have a thread I started with lots of other folks on p90x, feel free to stop by and chat with us. We offer great support and encouragement. Good luck to you!
  • dsuppa1997
    dsuppa1997 Posts: 86
    Options
    Thanks, my "dillema" is that I really like the Core/Cardio portions of the Lean schedule, but I want the strength training of the Classic(Chest is not in Lean). I was thinking of doing the Classic with a modification meaning this would be the schedule.

Day 1 - Chest/Back, Abs
    Day 2 - Cardio X
    Day 3 - Shoulders/Arms
    Day 4 - Yoga X
    Day 5 - Legs & Back/Abs
    Day 6 - Core Synergistics
    Day 7 - Rest/Stretch

Does that seem good or am I missing out with the lack of Kenpo and Plyo?
  • jessa1150
    Options
    Out of all the programs I loved Kempo. i use it and Plyo when I can't go for a run. I've had the program for a few years but quit because of time constraints. I really liked the 10 minute trainer and had great results.