Thursday...and too good to be true! 7/26

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
I thought about something and was like I want a challenge today but something they can use...if not today but for the future!

I wanted a way for someone to cook at home when tired and time limited and no clue what to fix...don't feel like messing up dishes etc. Have you ever tried cooking a complete dish in foil or Parchment paper? YOU take any thin piece of meat, or a fish you like and if vegetarian tofu and put in the foil or parchment paper, add quick cooking veggies like green beans, spinach(any greens), onions, garlic, cabbage, beans, mushrooms you get the idea! You can do potatoes too if you got skills to cut thin or have a mandolin. You can cut the other veggies thin yourself or get off salad bar at grocery store! (easy tip) then add your favorite spices and or condiments like soy sauce. Fold up tightly and like a present put on a cookie sheet and put in a 400 degree oven for about 20-25 min . YOU have a complete meal all in one package!!! Hey if you don't cook at all get your partner or best friend to do this...it is so easy and fun...(caution there will be a lot of steam in the pouch when open so BE CAREFUL when open it up!) Challenge..try it! So easy you will wonder why you have not done it before!

Peace,

WW

Replies

• courtniemarie
    courtniemarie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You know - I've done this for the past couple years while camping!! Never came to mind to do at home :) It's always delicious. We've done chicken tips, kielbasa, and beef tips usually with onions, zucchini, and summer squash.
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have done this many times and it is delicious! Try this: Dice potato (leave skin on) into small pieces, use a small amount of oil, cooking spray, broth or water of your choice, coat the bottom of tin foil with some of your oil, place diced potato on foil, season to your liking, pour the remaining oil on top of vegetables, fold foil up and twisting each end, place on preheated grill, start it out on the bottom rack then move up to top rack. I usually add carrots too. Make sure whatever vegetable you cook with potato will need to cook for same amount of time. If you want to add vegetables that will not require as much cooking time, par cook the potato in microwave for 4 minutes (1100 watt). Since you will need to test for doneness fold foil up in such a way as to easily open. The cooking times will vary. My grill usually heats up to almost 600 and the food usually cooks in about 20 minutes. You can do this with all kinds of foods. Have fun with it.
  • MzFury
    MzFury Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    EN PAPILLOTE IS AWESOME! Great challenge!
  • allyjoy83
    allyjoy83 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I love this technique for chicken breasts and fish that tend to dry out. It's the perfect way to keep everything moist and yummy.
  • hippiefemme
    hippiefemme Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You know, I've been thinking about doing this for a while but never took the initiative to do it. Tonight, I'll use this recipe (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Foil-Barbecued-Trout-with-Wine/Detail.aspx) with garlic and maybe some zucchini slices also in the packet. I'll have a salad with a garlic dressing as my side. I'm excited to try it!
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I had posted a recipe for my friends to try out and I think it would work well with this method. Its a quick and easy chicken fajita.

One pkg. frozen Pictsweet Seasoning Blend
    One pkg. Tyson Precooked Grilled Chicken
    One pkg. Fajita Seasoning
    Olive oil for sauteeing the above ingredients
  • kimberly3555
    kimberly3555 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Aluminum Foil Meals are ABSOLUTELY THE BEST! I do it for flavor and tenderness all of the time. My favorites are chicken with spices or salsa and zuchini, green beans, and other veggies. It's a perfect, healthy meal that fills you up and there is no clean up. (I through them on the grill). My kids even eat it. (I customize each foil pack and write our names on it, as they don't like spicy.) EVERYONE who tries it once, will always do it again later. I do use light butter so it doesn't stick, but it won't kill you calorie - wise). Also, tried "coconut oil" for the first time to keep it from sticking. I read in another MFP group that althought coco oil is fattening, it's so healthy for your mind, body and appearance...so I gave it a shot! Also, (not to go on forever) before I dieted, I prewrapped food like this for camping trips and froze them in aluminum....camping the rough way isn't always sanitary so if it was already prepared, we just had to throw the aluminun on the fire pit grill. DELICIOUS, regardless of your reason for doing it.
  • softdemonplaya
    softdemonplaya Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip