Cosplay NSVs: This Costume One Year Ago

Options
cestlafete
cestlafete Posts: 71 Member
Otakon is tomorrow folks, and I for one am pretty excited about one particular facet: my new cosplay photos.

Last year, I had my first professional-grade photoshoot and wouldn't you know it, I was at my highest weight. The photographer was amazing and did really well with flattering me, however it was still pretty obvious that I'd packed on some pounds. That was the recurring theme of the weekend, and the hall photos showed everything the photog's didn't.

This year, I'm recycling two out of my three costumes due to some last minute group disintegration and realized that I will have a pretty good objective look at my change. One year ago, and almost 20 lbs ago, versus me-in-progress, same costumes, same venue.

I'm both excited and afraid that it won't be a huge visual difference, but we'll just have to see!

Anyone else going to do something similar? I'll make sure to post pictures once I get home Friday + Saturday (the days I'm repeating).

EDIT: To clarify, the NSV portion is 'having nice photos of my costume that I look great in'!

Replies