Frightful Friday! 7/27

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Hey! This is a simple challenge but sometimes we take for granted...encourage one another! Those in 'real' life.....you know the ones you see and talk to on the phone or face to face! People need it!!!!! I am encouraging one of my friends to keep exercising with her trainer and she hates it but I want her to keep going!!
Also, here on MFP....you would be surprised at how many 'friends' there are on MFP but they don't say a word...I have some on my list...I know they logg but never hear a word....I wonder sometimes why they even ask to be friends!!!!!
But give positive feedback and support! We all have self doubts or want to give up and need a good talking to or problem solving. Encouragement helps keep people on the path when they may be about to veer off.

Encourage someone today!!! Hey better yet perhaps someone you have not talked to in awhile.

Peace,
WW

Replies

• WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    A good friend of mine has joined WW so we have been talking about our "journies" the last couple of days. No matter what I will be there for her. At the same time it has provided a little friendly competition, at least on my side, because I want to beat her to goal. She has a good 90 pounds on me right now so I don't think that will be a problem. But she def has motivated me to get back on track.

I try to encourage my MFP friends as often as I can. I won't tell someone good job for staying under when they never pick up a fruit or veggie though. If you are losing eating chocolate and fried foods for every meal, I don't think you're doing this right.

Keep on keepin' on! Go get it done today. If you just focus on today, it becomes so much easier. Cuz you can do anything for a day!
  • whollybologna
    whollybologna Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Whitney, don't give up! I relish in competition and I know what it's like to be behind, but weights plateau all the time. You can easily overtake your friend. As for encouraging; finally something I do on a near daily basis! (almost to the point of irritating my friends.) I love making people feel good about their accomplishments and efforts.
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am always amazed at how lessons repeat themselves even within the same day. Today my devotion was promoting encouragement as well. We all need it. I have been blessed to be encouraged and I was blessed today to be the encourager. My friend had stressful news late last night that kept her from our daily workout. Usually she texts me to let me know when she is unable to attend, this morning no text. Being concerned I texted her and discovered she was stressed. Ladies, she needed a coffee break. I took her to this wonderful cafe in town and we talked for hours. You know what, I was rejuvenated too. I thank the Lord for that wonderful fulfilled opportunity.

MFP members, I am grateful for you. You are wise, kind, strong, and long suffering. I am optimistic that you will succeed in achieving your goals. Onward MFP Warriors! Take one step at a time. Change one thing at a time. Before you know it, bad habits are replaced with healthy ones.
  • hippiefemme
    hippiefemme Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I only have one MFP friend right now because I'm a newbie, but I usually send her a "way to go!" or some other sign of encouragement when I see that she's on track. A few days ago, I saw a notification that she had logged 195 days in a row (!), so I definitely commented on that. In turn, she's also good about validating me when my status shows that I lost weight or came in under goal.

Whitney, you make such a good point about fruits and veggies. I still struggle with making sure I'm eating healthy as opposed to simply eating fewer (bad or empty) calories. One common weight loss adage is "exercise more, eat less," but that's not really accurate or good advice. You can eat less and still not be eating healthy. If I choose to have one serving of cookies rather than two, it's a better choice than I might usually make, but it's not as good a choice as grabbing an apple or banana to stave off my hunger or sugar craving.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I wrote a brief note to all my "friends" on MFP including one to a woman who hasn't logged on for a while. It would be nice if they wrote back, but I felt good wishing everyone well.