U of M Bod Pod

Options
MNchick
MNchick Posts: 371 Member
http://www.examiner.com/article/u-of-m-s-bod-pod-brings-high-tech-to-the-gym-and-scale

Anyone wanna bust out their spandex shorts at the end of August and go with me to get an accurate BF% reading?

There is a group discount...6 or more, I think...(I can't remember who already went...AJ?, was it you?)

Replies

• morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Let's do it!!!
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    http://www.examiner.com/article/u-of-m-s-bod-pod-brings-high-tech-to-the-gym-and-scale

Anyone wanna bust out their spandex shorts and go with me to get an accurate BF% reading?

There is a group discount...6 or more, I think...(I can't remember who already went...AJ?, was it you?)

Yep I did this on June 12th. I think you have to have 3-4 people to get the group rate and up to 5-6 people max. It is really easy. It takes about 5 min for the test to be done. I think with 4 people we were there for about 30 min. I wish I was farther along because I'd do it again but I don't think my numbers have changed at all. It is good to see where they have you at for Fat Mass, Body Mass, BF%, etc. I was way higher in body fat than I thought I was. Kind of disappointing but good to know.
  • MNchick
    Options
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I will have to look into it more later ( I'm at work, shhh...) My wife and I may be interested.

ETA: whats the cost?
  • Apple2jacks
    Options
    I would do it for sure!!! Let me know
  • MNchick
    Options
    I will have to look into it more later ( I'm at work, shhh...) My wife and I may be interested.

ETA: whats the cost?

$40 for non-members (of the U of M I'm assuming) $25 if you are a member
    but we may be able to get a group discount...so $40 at the most, but probably less
  • eduardo_d
    eduardo_d Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I would be interested in doing this too!
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    When we had 4 people do it in June we only had to pay $25 each. :) I think 3 or more make it a group rate.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I've wanted to do this for a while. Sounds super interesting.
  • Apple2jacks
    Options
    Is this still a possibility? If so do we have a date and price? If room my little sis might want to depending on when.
  • MNchick
    Options
    well, I'll be on vacation, so i think my days/times are more open than others. i'll be home essentially the 18th-28th, with a trip up north the 22nd and 23rd...so any of those days.

Also, don't feel that you have to wait for me! I heard about this from AJ and wanted to do it while I was there (since we don't have it in Augusta), but network within here for other times if it works for you
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I would love to do it! Getting my stats at the beginning of my journey and then again after I lose all the weight and gain some muscle.
  • Apple2jacks
    Options
    If any one is interested..... I would love to do it now and then when I hit my goal.

Hi Jackie,
    Thanks for your interest in our BodPod! I can certainly help your group schedule an assessment. Our group rate is currently $100 per hour (regardless of membership). We can accommodate up to 6 people per hour, so if your group is larger than 6 we would on extra increments 30 minutes ($50 each) depending on the number of extra participants.
    Our current availability is 7:30am-8:00pm Monday through Friday. Let me know if there are certain days or times that work well for you. Depending on how soon you are interested in coming in, I will try to accommodate and work with our schedule. We prefer to schedule out about a week in advance Keep in mind that the Rec will be closed the week of 8/20-8/24.
    I will send you more details regarding preparation for the assessment once we set an appointment.
    Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!
    -Amanda
  • Apple2jacks
    Options
    Let me know if there are days and times that work better or days that won't work at all. I will try to get this set up if we can get enough people.
  • MNchick
    Options
    Well, for me the 27th (before 6PM since I have a baby shower to throw that night) or 28th would work, since I need to be at the airport by abour 0530!
  • eduardo_d
    eduardo_d Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I can make either the 27th or 28th work and can likely get a couple more people if we have room for more.
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I think I'd like to go too! :)
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    The 28th would work for me!
  • Apple2jacks
    Options
    Well, for me the 27th (before 6PM since I have a baby shower to throw that night) or 28th would work, since I need to be at the airport by abour 0530!

I am guessing you mean you need to be to the airport at 0530 on the 29th?!?

Do you need to do this in the evening to make sure everyone is off of work? How about 6pm on the 28th? It will be about $16.50 per person. Sounds like we would need one more person to make the six if all of us can make it on the 28th. Ed.. do you have one more?
  • MNchick
    Options
    Just depending on other people's schedules, earlier might work better for me, since I'm gonna have to turn my rental car in that day.

I'll ask dad if I can borrow his car after that :)