Q for the women: Shirtless pic: OK, or tacky?

Options
2»

Replies

• pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Tacky unless it's from the beach or pool. No mirror pics please.

Yup! Outdoorsy activities are great. Posing in mirror, especially if the phone is covering your face or the photo is cropped above your neck, no bueno.

Yes, this. But if you're still planning to post a beach/pool shirtless pic, please don't make it your main photo.
  • nightsrainfall
    nightsrainfall Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Tacky unless it's from the beach or pool. No mirror pics please.

This ^
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    I think it's tacky regardless of the circumstance. Honestly, there's no two ways about it here. I can see you with your shirt off later if you're worth my time :wink:
  • Fruch02
    Fruch02 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Why do you need to show everyone your body being shirtless....do you have such low self eteem you need women to compliment you on your bod?
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I don't care much for girls that post bikini pics on dating sites, even if is on a boat or a beach. It won't stop me from emailing them, I just feel a little more dirty afterwards. On here it's okay, it's pretty much expected that you post "after" pics.

But on dating sites it makes me think that they are not very confident with their personalities, so they feel you need to post half naked pictures of themselves for attention. It also makes it so anybody with a penis will message them because basically we can't help it. It's like if they have a hot bikini pic posted, we suddenly forget all about how dumb and annoying they sound on their profile and message them anyway.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I think it's okay if it's a situation where one would expect you to be shirtless, i.e. at the beach or the pool, working on a car, etc.

But to have a shirtless pic just to be all like "look at my abs" I think that's kind of tacky.

The key is subtlety.