is anyone else having trouble loosingweight to pcos

i am struggling so much with loosing weight i get discouraged easily because im lucky if a week long of eating healthy and exercising if i loose a pound please someone help me understand why i know it has to do with my body's chemical but it sucks i am just trying so hard to stay focused take my meforman and do the right things and remember even if it is a pound its a pound i earned faithfully

Replies

• Chainie
    Chainie Posts: 82 Member
    Hormones are incredibly linked to your metabolism. Your body uses hormones to control the conversion of various forms of food energy into blood glucose (the only type of energy the body can burn). Hormones are used to trigger your pancreas to produce insulin, and make it stop producing insulin. Hormones are used to make organs secrete substances that control when to burn fat and when to hoard it. Hormones are used in pretty much every metablic process. So imagine how your metabolism screws up if your hormones are out of whack as they are in PCOS and a number of other types of hormone imbalance. PCOS And insulin resistance often go hand in hand, this is why it is hard for PCOS sufferers to lose weight. I call it the hormone-insulin-cortisol cycle. I can explain it in more detail via message if you like. Once you control this cycle, we PCOS can diet with the best of them.

Let me know if you want help. Xx.