New bike on layaway

Options
thekarens
thekarens Posts: 254 Member
I've been wanting a bike for a long time, but for various reasons I haven't gotten one. Well, this weekend I put a Trek 820 wsd on layaway. It was the right fit for the money I can spend right now. I'm hoping to have it out of layaway in Sept. By then hopefully the temps will be down a bit. For now we'll be riding in the local parks and state parks. I have no plans on doing any serious mtb trails so I think this one should suffice for now.

In the spring I plan on getting a road bike....haven't decided which kind. They did have a "matching" roadie to my mtb that I thought was pretty (yes, I know looks shouldn't mean anything, but I'm a girl and they do.)

I'm really excited about getting out there. Once I'm used to riding again I'm hoping to ride with the local cycling club. They have a weekly ride in a nearby state park for mtb and then in the spring I can join their road group.

Replies

• jcamr
    jcamr Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Man that's great! You'll have fun. I do mostly road cycling. It can be addictive.
  • krue1971
    krue1971 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I fought getting a road bike for a long time, but doing long slow even tempo rides on my road bike is really helping my mountain biking. And I can ride the road when the woods are too wet.