Party Fare?

Options
walker54
walker54 Posts: 64 Member
I'm going to a summer picnic tonight -- my first outing since going GF. Any advice about how to manage at a potluck picnic? I'm thinking I'll eat before I go, but that means eating at 3:30, and then nothing after that. If I get hungry around 7, then raw veggies?

Replies

• restoreleanne
    restoreleanne Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    good luck. I always eat before I too. I eat what I bring, raw foods or I ask a lot of question.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    bring something you know you can eat. i like meatballs because they are quick and easy.

someone else will more than likely bring salad or veggies. that way if everything else is gluten filled, you at leat get a meatballs and veggies
  • vander7679
    vander7679 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have my first one tomorrow since going GF. Chicken is provided, I'm taking something I can eat as are my mom and my aunt so I figure that those four items will be my meal. I'm good with that!
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Bring a one-pot meal that you can eat. Something that even if there is nothing else you can eat, will fill you up and keep you satisfied. Maybe that's chili, potato salad, bean salad, whatever. A side dish for everyone else and a main dish for you. Then if there are plain meats, vegetables, fruits, etc. at the picnic, they can supplement your meal.
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I always bring several dishes we can eat including a dessert assuming there will be nothing safe because sometimes that is the case.. and then when I get there ..I look for fresh fruit and raw veggies.
  • walker54
    walker54 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the good suggestions everyone. It worked out great!