RUNNING APPS-Your FAV?

missallenxox
missallenxox Posts: 175 Member
Hi everyone! I have discovered my love for new running apps on my blackberry. I downloaded the "micoach" by adidas. it is AWESOME. I mostly wanted it for tracking distance, and time and to have a gps tracker. omg it does more than that. it keeps a summary of your workouts online and that way i can see when my runs are improving! i love it!!! it also has a training section, it will do a running assessment and then helps you train for a 5k.

What running apps are your favorites and why??

Replies

• KahuNZ
    KahuNZ Posts: 401 Member
    Yep - I found it good too except that it sucks the juice out of my battery of my phone.
    Decided to buy a dedicated watch with GPS so hope I have made the right decision as it wasn't cheap!
  • wingednotes
    wingednotes Posts: 274 Member
    I use Runkeeper. Its free with all of the awesome bells and whistles - gps, tracking, ect. But if you pay, you get to broadcast your runs. This is great for 5ks, and just in general - hubby and friends can see where I am and how much I have left when I'm racing.
  • Swanson83
    Swanson83 Posts: 226 Member
    Map My Run!!!
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    I've tried a few but like my run keeper the best so far.
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    I'm a Nike girl so I use my Nike+ Running on my iphone. It keeps all my runs and has for years as well as has the GPS, etc.
  • dblred0728
    dblred0728 Posts: 57 Member
    I like Map my Run too!
  • Runkeeper is amazing! I love how it charts my pace each minute during runs which helped immensely in training for my first 5k. Used it during the race to give me audible mileage and pace...sort of like my own personal trainer cheering and encouraging me on. :)
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Zombies! Run.

Without it I would not run at all.... I need the entertainment.
  • SunshineDecember
    SunshineDecember Posts: 70 Member
    ^^Omg, I LOVE zombies, run! People think I'm nuts when I tell them about it, but it seriously makes running so much more fun! Other than that, I use Endomondo to track my runs (and bike rides) - it syncs up with MFP too :)
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    I use endomondo. I also like I can use it for runs and for bike rides. Irecently upgraded to pro as it seems my favorite features - mile and pace markers - are no longer available on the free ap with the most recent update.
  • i use "runtastic" because it automatically updates my excercise diary on mfp.
  • closenre
    closenre Posts: 225 Member
    Map My Run!
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Endomondo
  • I really like thedailymile.com and would sync my Garmin to it. I sort of just switched over to using my Android phone and have tried many of the apps. RunKeeper is always good and works with multiple devices. I've recently switched over to Runtastic because it syncs with this site and that one is good as well.

I saw someone say they like Zombie Run...but I just thought it was boring. Maybe I was doing it wrong, but it didn't seem scary...seemed kinda boring.
  • Run_Forever
    Run_Forever Posts: 147 Member
    I am absolutely addicted to Nike+, it allows you to have a friends list and I find there is great motivation in that when you see the KM's being put up by people on your friend list. Its competitive yet fun at the same time. It also tracks your fastest 1km, 1 mile, 5km etc. It has a unique set of trophies you can earn as well.