Week 3 weigh in 07/29/2012

Sinisi2012
Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member
I lost .8 lbs this week. Not great, but it's a loss and I will take it!

Replies

• DarinGettingFitNow
    DarinGettingFitNow Posts: 421 Member
    I had a loss, but if you look at my food diary, you'd see that I don't really deserve it. Exercise levels down, calories through the roof, mostly with trash calories (alcohol, extra food)..... I'm sabotaging myself.

I'm trying to straighten up this week. but when my own worst enemy is myself... it can be rough.
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    i lost 4 pounds after 1 week, gained 4 pounds after week 2, and then after 3 weeks i lost the 4 pounds again. not a lost on here but ill take it. hope to drop some next week :)
  • lessofme65
    lessofme65 Posts: 107 Member
    I lost 2.2lbs this week and made it to ONEDERLAND!! Not sure how as I've been kinda unfocussed this week but I'll definitely take it. I will work on getting back on track and am so glad for all the support I've received while I've been out jerking around.
  • habu68123
    habu68123 Posts: 74 Member
    Had a huge loss this week but it's more of a sign that I'm finally recovering and getting back to normal. Still limited to just low impact exercise so I'm not sure what I'll be seeing next week.
  • lessofme65
    lessofme65 Posts: 107 Member
    Habu, so glad you're recovering. Awesome to hear about your large loss. Who cares what next week brings, bask in the awesomeness of this weeks loss!!!!!!!!!
  • tinyjaz
    tinyjaz Posts: 75 Member
    1.6lbs this week after no loss last week. Noticing a number of NSV's so feeling good.
  • rsmblue
    rsmblue Posts: 353 Member
    Knocking Wood....

I'm having a great month so far, down 6lbs total thus far... I just hope that it keeps up... I'm finally at a point where
    the weight is "falling off"...

Thank Goodness
  • rsmblue
    rsmblue Posts: 353 Member
    I had a loss, but if you look at my food diary, you'd see that I don't really deserve it. Exercise levels down, calories through the roof, mostly with trash calories (alcohol, extra food)..... I'm sabotaging myself.

I'm trying to straighten up this week. but when my own worst enemy is myself... it can be rough.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!
  • jsande10
    jsande10 Posts: 43 Member
    somehow I managed a loss of 3.1lbs, was sick ate crap, somehow stayed within my calories but didn't do my usual amount of exercise. So I'm really happy with that. Back on track this week though
  • lmc8774
    lmc8774 Posts: 129 Member
    I was up a pound this week, but promised I would always put my weight in no matter if I gained or not. I had dropped a few last week, so that was probably not "real" and this week is. But just keeping at it. Bottom line is I weight less than I did when we started this challenge in May and it has helped me see what I need to do to lose weight, even if it is a slow process.
  • hairsprayhon
    hairsprayhon Posts: 334 Member
    Lessofme65, Congrats on getting to onederland!!! I am so looking forward to the day that I can announce that I have arrived there.

But a day at a time. After 2 weekly weigh-ins stuck at the same number, I lost 4 pounds this week. It seems that is my pattern, I average a pound a week, but it comes in less regular intervals. Years ago the weeks without losses would have made me despondent, but I have finally accepted that this is how a journey to lifelong fitness will be and thats ok. My yearly checkup is coming up in two weeks and I am know my doc will be as happy with my all normal bloodwork as he is with my weight loss. I am glad that my cholesterol and sugar numbers are back to normal, but I am more thrilled with being able to fit into clothes that had been exiled in the basement for years.

For those of you who have not had a loss this week, hang in there and make healthy choices and your body WILL catch up.
  • cruisinskier
    cruisinskier Posts: 63 Member
    Congrats to all who had losses last week. Personally. for May and June things went well for me and I lost approx 24 lbs. So far this second round of the challenge has been, well, a challenge. Despite having a +/- 2500 calorie deficit for each of the 3 weeks to date (roughly equal to my exercise calories each week), I have gained weight each of the past 2 weeks. I was up 1.5 lbs this week and up 2 lbs in the past 2 weeks. For the month of July I am basically even so I am in a stall, stuck, plateau and any other 4 letter word you want to call it!! :)

I totally get that this is a journey and I remain committed and know there is more to this than just the scale. I have dropped inches, have dropped from a 40 inch waist to a 36 (and they are getting loose), I am back into a routine of 5 weekly trips to the gym, my standing heart rate has decreased, etc. so there are numerous positives.

Recently I have been doing lots of reading and learning on this site. As a result I have adjusted my calorie intake upwards (yep gained weight so eat more) so that it is above my BMR. It does make sense to me that food = fuel and that it takes a certain amount of fuel just for a basic day. It appears I was under that level and so my body is storing anything it can get....that is my logic anyhow so I have added approx 200 cals per day and we will try this for a while and see how it works out.

Congrats again to all who had losses, and for anyone who can assist with this confusing weight loss journey I would be glad to hear from you.
    Thanks
    Jerry
  • lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    I lost .5 It really is reflective of my effort this past week. I am focusing on my journal and exercise. I will start out real strong and then I start eating in the evening. I am going to try getting out of the house in the evening and going for a walk. It is not 100 degrees so it should be a bit easier to get the exercise in. (Of course if I was truly motivated I would have gotten it done, heat or not) I realize that. Aiming to drop out of my current decade. 150's here I come!!!
  • lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    I was up a pound this week, but promised I would always put my weight in no matter if I gained or not. I had dropped a few last week, so that was probably not "real" and this week is. But just keeping at it. Bottom line is I weight less than I did when we started this challenge in May and it has helped me see what I need to do to lose weight, even if it is a slow process.

I am proud of you for posting your weight. It is difficult to do when you don't get the number you want.
  • Amber50lbsDown
    Amber50lbsDown Posts: 255 Member
    Good work for thoes who have lost !!!!!
    I didnt lose anything and I expected that. Ive been doing terrible, gotten back into some old habbitts added to no time to work out but Im going to change that today.
    Going right now to work out and cutting out bread and beer for a couple weeks !
  • DarinGettingFitNow
    DarinGettingFitNow Posts: 421 Member
    Ditto on old habits. I just slid back into "eat what you want" which is hard to kick. this morning, trying to stay focused. !!!!
  • ccmandel
    ccmandel Posts: 143 Member
    First significant loss in a month ...LOST 1 1/2...and was on vacation last week so it's a double victory!