Journey of Self-Discovery

Options
hotpickles
hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
Someone gave me advice regarding my job search. Yes, I have been getting frustrated with the whole process, so their advice was to just FORGET ABOUT IT for awhile and go on a journey of self-discovery.

Has anyone done this before? I really don't know where to start!

Replies

• skinnycyn83
    Options
    My mom told me recently to forget about job searching too and that my job was my 2.5 year old son. That made me open my eyes a bit wider.
  • hotpickles
    Options
    My dad actually gave me advice to just let it go, essentially not worry about it, and something will come along. I guess in essence this is what I should be doing right this very moment. I have enough money to carry me for a little longer, so I'm going to just ENJOY.

Today I just basically did as I pleased. That reminds me....I have to go to the store and get cream for my coffee so I can have some in the a.m!
  • hotpickles
    Options
    Day 2 of my journey...

I decided, just for fun, to randomly search for a company that was hiring for a position related to my field of study. I told myself I wasn't going to worry about this for a few days, but I decided to make a game out of it. Find 5 smaller companies and apply, find 5 companies I can go visit and meet a hiring manager.

I found one, and applied using a very different style than I'm used to. I completely changed my cover letter style. I also didn't fret over it. I made it simple and browsed over it once. Then I checked their website only to find they actually do specialize in a field I REALLY REALLY want to work in! I thought to myself, do I go back to the original "fluffed" style of cover letter? NAHHH, submit as is!

So I took a huge step today, made a big change, and we shall see where it goes. I think I'll go and relax a bit now :)
  • JWmovin4ward
    JWmovin4ward Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Good for you hotpickles, like you said you're not stressing about it, so just go with it.... wait & see.

At the end of the day your resume\cv will speak for itself! My fingers are crossed for you :D
  • JWmovin4ward
    JWmovin4ward Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Well i finally feel like my mind is back on track this morning, like the fog has lifted... seems like it has been a few weeks of zero motivation to eat right or exercise. I've been bogged down with crap that is going on, none of which I have a say in & have no idea when it will rectify itself one way or another.

But I'm back! I figure if I can keep my mind clear then my body will follow....right? right!

I'm heading to the gym straight from work, I"m signing up for a 1 month trial period & I plan on working out while I'm there! I'm just gonna do it cause I know I'll feel better afterwards.... it's just pushing myself to get back into it... the first step is always the hardest.

Food wise I am going to cut out refined carbs. I've done alright so far, by not cutting anything out, just eating less prepackaged foods & reducing portions. I have discovered that my hormone levels are a little out & are one of the causes of migranes (along with stress from other pre mentioned crap) & on researching this, apparently reducing refined carbs can help in some cases. So I figure it cant hurt to give a try, cause if I don't try, I wont know!

So for the next few months this will be my self discovery, to see if I can get my hormone levels back on track naturally :flowerforyou:
  • hotpickles
    Options
    This sounds like a great plan! I'm all for anything that can be done on a natural basis without the use of prescription drugs or other methods. I used to do a lot of research into how foods can either hurt or heal us, maybe it's something I should get back into again!