boobs!

Options
miranda_mom
miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
Does anyone else get random breast tenderness. My boobs have been so sore the past five days, I seriously thought I was pregnant. (I've been pregnant before and this was the first sign). But took a test, and guess what - BFN! So I'm trying to figure out what this could be from. I also have slight cramping. I thought I ovulated about a week and a half ago.

So, do you have this too - and if so, have you been able to pin it down to anything - a random PCOS symptom or even part of your cycle?

Replies

• nbh628
    nbh628 Posts: 3
    Options
    Yes, I have the same symptom. Every cycle about 1 week after I ovulate my boobs seem larger, heavier, and sore. This used to be a pregnancy symptom for me but since my miscarriage last August I get it every cycle pregnant or not. I think it is related to your progesterone increasing after you ovulate to prepare your body "in case" you are pregnant. I find that the symptom drops off right before my period starts.
  • miranda_mom
    Options
    thanks for your answer, nbh. as an update, I still have some tenderness (less though) and no period! (I should've gotten it a few days ago if I ovulated when I thought I did). This is what I get for trying to figure my body out.
  • aspahr11610
    Options
    I'm glad you posted this. This week I have been having severe breast tenderness. I have never had it before. I think I ovulated about 10 or so days ago. I also have slight cramping. The slight cramping normally starts a week or so before my period and gets worse right before. So I'm not expecting to be pregnant, but since my boobs were tender I was hoping.
  • miranda_mom
    Options
    It turns out I did ovulate but later than I thought I did. So some of those symptoms I actually had BEFORE ovulation, and some after. Hope that helps!
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Before I ovulate my breasts start getting tender, and get worse afterwards. It's part of the PCOS, because it makes the time after ovulation ramp up. I've found that my body acts more pregnant with that time period, than it did when I was actually pregnant.
  • miranda_mom
    Options
    So true! It did get worse afterward. Luckily I am doing BBT now so that should help me pinpoint. If nothing else, it keeps me from obsessing about it.
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I've been doing BBT since the end of 2007 beginning of 2008. Even with that I never noticed I was pregnant, because I glanced over everything cause my cycles were crazy. But they certainly help.
  • miranda_mom
    Options
    I always wonder if my temps are supposed to be as all over the place as they are. It'll drop down, then spike back up, then back down. Hardly anything is sustained. But I use FertilityFriend and also track breast tenderness, cramps, and cervical mucus.
  • chelle866
    Options
    hiya, yes i get this and also get shooting pains in my boobs sometimes. i went to the doctor about it as i was quite worried at one point but its normal apparently. i sleep on my front alot of the time and when i wake up in the morning they are so so tender. x