will I lose all my hard work?

Options
sexforjaffacakes
sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
So, I've been lifting heavy for a few months now (well, heavy for me; 15kg squats, 35kg deadlifts, 5kg rows, 15kg bench press, 2.5kg overhead press), but I've been gaining weight (fat, definitely fat) since Christmas. At Christmas I weighed 173lbs, I now weigh 194.

Even though I've been working out fairly consistently on the 5x5 program, my diet has just been really really bad. I do have a binge eating disorder, which doesny help. So, I've decided to go back to basics.
I'm going back to what I did in the first place to lose weight - which was basically cut way way way down on carbs and up the protein.

I feel like I need to get my diet in check, and lifting doesn't help because it does make me super hungry :L

I've broken my exercise up into blocks of ten days; first 10, I'll just walk, next 30 I'll the the 3 stages of the 30 day shred, then get back into 5x5 in the fifth clock of ten days.

Also, additional exercises...("level" means block of ten days)

level 1 - 1 swim per week, start "100 push up" challenge
Level 2 - 1 swim per week, 2 runs per week
Level 3 - 1 swim per week, 2 runs per week, 1 weight session
Level 4 - 1 swim per week, 3 runs per week, 1 weight sessions
Level 5 - 1 swim per week, 3 runs per week

So, I'm still working out, just not lifting heavy.

Basically, dyou think I'll lose the muscle I've worked on by doing 5x5 so far? is it okay to take a full week off of "proper" exercise, and two weeks off of 5x5 altogether?
I really feel like I need to slow down and focus on diet, but I'm scared I'll lose muscle =/

*eta, I'll also be eating plenty protein;1g for each pound of lean body weight yeah?

what dy'all think?

(sorry for the uber long post!)

Oh, also, I'm 5 foot 5, 194lbs, I have 44lbs to lose just to get to the top of my healthy weight(GW between 130-145 at 19% bf), TDEE of 1900 and daily calorie deficit is between 500-700

Replies

• sexforjaffacakes
    Options
    bump? D:
  • sexforjaffacakes
    Options
    Mr.Bump.jpg ?
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Sorry - I was sleeping, and then commuting. :flowerforyou:

Um so anyway -- 2 weeks off is a long time, you will PROBABLY need to deload after 2 weeks. but you won't lose ALL your progress -- we went on a long vacation that resulted in almost a 3 week period off and we did have to deload pretty significantly across the board - maybe as much as 25-30%? But really, that's not all that much in the scheme of things - its not a race to the finish line and there really isn't a GOAL other than staying strong and getting stronger.

If you want to maintain progress, you can add a few more weight training days in, and do non-progression weight -- take 10% off your current weights and do that -- possibly add an extra rep or two to some of your sets. Or take 20% off and do add a few reps, but take less rest time (that way it is a shorter workout)
  • sexforjaffacakes
    Options
    I can't add any more days as I can only afford one day a week at the gym once my membership runs out </3

I don't mind having to start again a bit lighter

I guess what I really mean is, will I turn into a great big ball of jelly and have my bf% shoot up lmao? xD
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I can't add any more days as I can only afford one day a week at the gym once my membership runs out </3

I guess what I really mean is, will I turn into a great big ball of jelly and have my bf% shoot up lmao? xD

Prooobably not! since you're going to be doing OTHER exercise.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    Options

Prooobably not! since you're going to be doing OTHER exercise.

Sweet. peoples here are so extreme sometimes, they make me scared I'll turn into a jelly fish if I'm not lifting 100kg every 5 minutes :'(