Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

"Natural" look??

So, I decided to stop straightening my hair and wearing eye makeup because I was starting to realize that I'm entirely too vain about my appearance :laugh:

Here's the funny thing: every guy I see HAS to stop and tell me how good I look! I'm not sure what to make of this -- don't get me wrong, I'm very much enjoying the attention, I'm just wondering if guys enjoy the "natural" look better? What do you think?

Replies

• oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    My hair turns into a fluffcurtain if I don't blowdry and straighten it, so feel lucky that your hair looks nice in its natural state! Lol
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    My hair turns into a fluffcurtain if I don't blowdry and straighten it, so feel lucky that your hair looks nice in its natural state! Lol

Hahaha I'm actually shocked that my hair does look ok! I am feeling very lucky right now :laugh:
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    I'm just wondering if guys enjoy the "natural" look better? What do you think?

Yes. That was easy.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Not sure where you're from, but American women in general wear way too much make up. I don't like it at all. Natural is so much better.

--P
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    I'm just wondering if guys enjoy the "natural" look better? What do you think?

Yes. That was easy.
    I agree wholeheartedly.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Hmmm, I'm a minimal makeup wearer, so the answers here are refreshing!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Not sure where you're from, but American women in general wear way too much make up. I don't like it at all. Natural is so much better.

--P
    That's an extremely broad generalization. I'm an American woman. I've lived in three states and have friends and family all over the country. Some wear too much makeup, but most of us wear very little to no makeup 95% of the time.

On the other hand, I'm currently on my way back from Disneyworld where I saw a lot of women in too much makeup who wrre not American.
  • Katefab26

--P

I'm American -- and an opera singer. Two strikes I guess -- you tend to get used to the whole "stage" look I suppose. (I'm sure there are plenty of opera singers who don't do this). I do remember when I was in Germany for a while that it was almost refreshing to not have to worry about my hair and makeup. My best friend is German, and she told me that they just don't care about cosmetics all that much -- now clothes on the other hand? Different story...
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    I actually despise wearing makeup. I'll wear it for special occasions pretty much. I did wear it for a few dates with the guy I'm seeing, but prefers me without it (thank goodness).

My hair, on the other hand, is so curly and unruly it's almost always done in some way to prevent me from looking like I stuck my finger in an electrical socket. Maybe getting it cut would help... :laugh:
  • Prahasaurus

--P
    That's an extremely broad generalization. I'm an American woman. I've lived in three states and have friends and family all over the country. Some wear too much makeup, but most of us wear very little to no makeup 95% of the time.

On the other hand, I'm currently on my way back from Disneyworld where I saw a lot of women in too much makeup who wrre not American.

That's why I wrote that "in general..." My comparison is mainly with European women, who tend to wear less make up. Can't comment on the cross section at Disneyworld.

--P
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member

--P

That's why I wrote that "in general..." My comparison is mainly with European women, who tend to wear less make up. Can't comment on the cross section at Disneyworld.

--P

"In general" is another way of saying "most," which just isn't the case. The cross section at Disneyworld is pretty much every country in the world where there are people who can avoid the trip. I couldn't begin to count the accents and languages I heard in two days thre.
  • Katefab26

"In general" is another way of saying "most," which just isn't the case.

I would respectfully disagree. "In general" is another way of saying "generally". Hence, the broad generalization. European women do tend to wear less makeup, in general.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    we like the more reserved look, not too intimidating, it shows you dont stress over appearance and makes you seem more approachable
  • Prahasaurus
    I'm American -- and an opera singer. Two strikes I guess -- you tend to get used to the whole "stage" look I suppose. (I'm sure there are plenty of opera singers who don't do this). I do remember when I was in Germany for a while that it was almost refreshing to not have to worry about my hair and makeup. My best friend is German, and she told me that they just don't care about cosmetics all that much -- now clothes on the other hand? Different story...

Well, being an opera singer is not a strike. Quite the contrary. When I first moved to Prague (a long time ago), I had a small apartment about a 5 minute walk from the Statni Opera. I was there every month, usually by myself. I love the opera and actually - I swear I'm not joking - dated a Czech opera singer for a while. I later learned she was married. And, apparently, her husband knew about our relationship... I prefer my drama on the stage, so that ended that...

When I was in Tuscany last summer, I practically forced my kids to go with me to Lucca, just to see Puccini's birthplace. They were not thrilled, but I bribed them with gelato. Seeing La Scala about 15 years ago was the highlight of my first trip to Milan.

--P
  • Katefab26

Well, being an opera singer is not a strike. Quite the contrary. When I first moved to Prague (a long time ago), I had a small apartment about a 5 minute walk from the Statni Opera. I was there every month, usually by myself. I love the opera and actually - I swear I'm not joking - dated a Czech opera singer for a while. I later learned she was married. And, apparently, her husband knew about our relationship... I prefer my drama on the stage, so that ended that...

When I was in Tuscany last summer, I practically forced my kids to go with me to Lucca, just to see Puccini's birthplace. They were not thrilled, but I bribed them with gelato. Seeing La Scala about 15 years ago was the highlight of my first trip to Milan.

--P

Oh, Puccini! How could you not love him? I want to sing at La Scala someday, although it is rather notorious for singers getting booed off the stage. I think at this point it's almost a rite of passage!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,307 Member
    Yes to natural and if make up is worn then just enough to highlight or enhance but otherwise not be noticeable.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    yes, i thnk in the world of make-up that 'less is more'! :bigsmile:
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Men love the "natural" look.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    And i do beleive that most men find women at their most attractive when their hair is a curly blob/mess,their make up is wiped off, face glowing, all smiles, from the throws of passion!! :love:

So yeah, at their most natural :flowerforyou:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,307 Member
    And i do beleive that most men find women at their most attractive when their hair is a curly blob/mess,their make up is wiped off, face glowing, all smiles, from the throws of passion!! :love:

So yeah, at their most natural :flowerforyou:

Three seconds before we fall asleep you mean then. :smile:

J/K:laugh: