Anyone running the ROGAINE 25K trail run in MO on 10/21/12?

Options
easfahl
easfahl Posts: 567 Member
Hey everyone,

I've been running half marathons for about 9 months now. I've run 3 pavement half marathons and I'm cutting my teeth in trail running. I've signed up for the Bass Pro ROGAINE 25k trail run in Missouri in late October, 2012. I've lost a few of my training buddies due to excessive heat here in Arkansas. I was wondering if I could connect with a few others running this event for accountable training partners. The course looks great: a couple creek crossings with plenty of ups and downs. Any takers?

Erica

Replies

• easfahl
    Options
    Here's the link:
    http://fitness.basspro.com/Page/Dogwood-Canyon-Trail-Runs.aspx

There's even a short video about past years events. Check it out!
  • easfahl
    Options
    BUMP
  • Mehagon
    Mehagon Posts: 83
    Options
    Hey there! I live in Texas and my husband and I just started seriously trail running in March. While we aren't running the ROGAINE, we are signed up for our first trail race, a 25K on October 13 in Tyler, TX. Good luck on your training! What are you doing for it right now?
  • easfahl
    Options
    I'm actually only running the 25k trail run, not the ROGAINE race. (I was confused what the ROGAINE was.) I'm training for it just like it was a half marathon on dirt. I counted the weeks back from the event to schedule me long runs, which will all be on one of our 2-3 local dirt singletrack trails. During the week I'll just do shorter, maintenance runs with a few hill workouts and speed workouts thrown in.

I'm also crosstraining multiple days a week. I do weights in the gym 2-4 days a week, and ride my mountain bike 4 days a week. I'd like to do a mtn bike race or two this fall but I may be too busy. Boooooo hissssss...

Good luck in your event, Mehagon. If you hear any good long trail run pointers then give me a shout.