The New Spider-Man (not the movie)

Options
d0gma
d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
Has anyone been reading Ultimate Comics Spider-Man?

I read where Peter Parker died, and the first 3 or 4 issues of the new kid. I kinda like it. Up until Ultimatum, the Ultimate Spider-Man line was more of a reimagining of the regular Spider-Man storyline, same characters, just different direction. With Parker dead, it could really open up the plots to something completely new.

Anyone else have an opinion on it?

Replies

• ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    The Ultimates plotlines are wayyyyy more adult than the regular comics. I like the direction their going, once you're dead, you stay dead!
  • d0gma
    Options
    The Ultimates plotlines are wayyyyy more adult than the regular comics. I like the direction their going, once you're dead, you stay dead!

Unless you're Wolverine. Then you get cloned.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    I saw, from the new spiderman game coming out, some kind of Spiderman Noir. Like 20's new york city kind of thing

Do you have any info on that?
  • d0gma
    Options
    Haven't heard about the game, but I did read Spider-Man Noir a while back. It was pretty good, similar to the Ultimate storyline, where it takes the basic Spider-Man mythos and just puts it in a different time period, in that case, the 1930s. He didn't have the spidersuit, just a black mask with goggles, gloves and a trenchcoat. That Peter Parker was also angrier than the original or the Ultimate one.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    Haven't heard about the game, but I did read Spider-Man Noir a while back. It was pretty good, similar to the Ultimate storyline, where it takes the basic Spider-Man mythos and just puts it in a different time period, in that case, the 1930s. He didn't have the spidersuit, just a black mask with goggles, gloves and a trenchcoat. That Peter Parker was also angrier than the original or the Ultimate one.

Well when a dame in distress walks into your office looking for her brother's killer who is actually her husband, you gotta be angrier. You cant show your soft side to the city, or she will rip your heart out *slow puff of the cigarette*

The game is called Spiderman: Shattered Demensions. It looks pretty badass.

It features Noir, but also this red white and blue spiderman, and the original. And one mystery one. Looks promising.
  • d0gma
    Options
    I used to play the Spider-Man game for N64. That was fun until I played it with a bunch of the cheats enabled. When I went back to normal play, it wasn't as fun anymore. However, no amount of cheats could help you on the "Chase Venom" stage. That sucker was tough.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    I used to play the Spider-Man game for N64. That was fun until I played it with a bunch of the cheats enabled. When I went back to normal play, it wasn't as fun anymore. However, no amount of cheats could help you on the "Chase Venom" stage. That sucker was tough.

Is this the same one where Doc. Octavious spewed this green gas along the city floor so you couldnt touch the floor? Also where Carnage was the one that was pulling the strings from the beginning. So you had a Carnage/Doc.Ock combo boss?

Man that one was awesome. I played it on the Playstation. I remember a police chase scene where you had to dodge helicopters shooting you down too.
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options

Or Deadpool, can't keep a good guy down
  • d0gma
    Options
    Honestly, I don't think I ever beat the game, so I don't know. I don't remember a green-gas-on-the-floor level, though. I do remember there was a hostage situation level where you had to free all the hostages by making your way through the building, sometimes walking, sometimes crawling on the ceiling and take out all the bad guys. And the Venom chase, where you had to chase him across the city, then when you catch him, you have a fight in an alley, and when you finally beat him, you find out he is not the bad guy, he just likes fighting you.

ETA: Just looked it up on Wikipedia, it is the same game, I just didn't get very far in it. Also, I remembered the end of the Venom battle wrong.
  • d0gma
    Options

Or Deadpool, can't keep a good guy down

Is Deadpool in the Ultimate universe?
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    Honestly, I don't think I ever beat the game, so I don't know. I don't remember a green-gas-on-the-floor level, though. I do remember there was a hostage situation level where you had to free all the hostages by making your way through the building, sometimes walking, sometimes crawling on the ceiling and take out all the bad guys. And the Venom chase, where you had to chase him across the city, then when you catch him, you have a fight in an alley, and when you finally beat him, you find out he is not the bad guy, he just likes fighting you.

ETA: Just looked it up on Wikipedia, it is the same game, I just didn't get very far in it. Also, I remembered the end of the Venom battle wrong.

HAHA yea! Thats it!

I remember the Venom battle being really.. odd with one of his moves being Venom holding you up and binding you, then licking your chest up to your neck. Repeatedly..