Stop animal abuse

Options
stylistchik
stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
Hey all! I decided to join the PETA Pack and train for a half marathon with a fundraising goal of $500 for PETA's search and rescue team for abused animals. I thought you would be a good group to ask for help. The link below is for my fundraising page and 100% goes to the animals. If you want to join the pack and run/fund raise on your own there are links for that on the page as well. Thanks!

http://www2.peta.org/site/TR/Events/PETAsOnlineCommunity?fr_id=1090&px=8748372&pg=personal

Replies

• Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Please, anyone who cares at all about pets, do not support PeTA.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options

Why not????? Just confused about this statement. Could you explain more why not??
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options

Why not????? Just confused about this statement. Could you explain more why not??

They kill more than half the animals they claim to save. Also, they're hypocrites and their tactics are nothing more than for shock.
  • eddysuchydvm
    eddysuchydvm Posts: 110 Member
    Options

Yep! Glad someone said it!!!

I hate PETA and I'm a Veterinarian.
  • Owlie45
    Options
    They also support terrorist.
    And one year the killed over 90% of the animals they "saved" some were killed before they even made it to their shelter.
    They have goals to eliminate pet ownership entirely so does HSUS. Which is why I don't support either.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Wow... Really.... I'm going to research this more... I do know their tactics are very disturbing... And I did have to ignor the emails and videos they send. Talk about ruining my day... I can't watch or read those anymore.. Or I'd be crying 24 hrs a day, everyday. Arrrgh...
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Many animal lovers say the Humane Society of the United States is no better.
    IMHO, you can't go wrong by donating directly to your favorite rescue and local animal shelters. Keeps the money in your local community, and helps animals that need it most.
  • Owlie45
    Options
    Many animal lovers say the Humane Society of the United States is no better.
    IMHO, you can't go wrong by donating directly to your favorite rescue and local animal shelters. Keeps the money in your local community, and helps animals that need it most.

Yup that's the best place to help.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Give to SPCA. PETA hates humans, especially Americans.
  • TheFairyJester
    Options
    the only wellbeing peta is concerned with is peta