Rainbows?

Options
cakesmooth
cakesmooth Posts: 122 Member
Anyone here expecting a rainbow? A rainbow is a nickname for a baby that is conceived after a miscarriage, stillbirth, or infant loss? As in "a rainbow after the storm". I'm not trying to be morbid. Rather, these women sometimes have a whole different perspective and need additional support as I do. Please friend me if so!

Replies

• JillSandm
    JillSandm Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm technically expecting a rainbow, then. Not sure I like the term as we have been on this road to expand our family since before we lost our 10-year-old daughter last Fall. This baby has been planned since last June when I had a tubal reversal with the blessing of both of my kids - they both wanted more kids in the family, and then we ended up with fewer. I hate that some people think we're trying to replace Alyssa with this baby, which could never be the case. We just think we make pretty cool kids!

Sorry that you have experienced a loss - it sucks.
  • cakesmooth
    cakesmooth Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry about your loss and difficult journey. I'm also sorry that people think you are trying to replace your child. I don't think that at all. My son is amazing and I want another child too. Best wishes to you.