The Lord is our HELP!!!!

Options
FITNLUVINIT
FITNLUVINIT Posts: 119 Member
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10 NIV
Psa 46:1 ¶ To the chief Musician for the sons of Korah, A Song upon Alamoth. God [is] our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

Find yourself tempted beyond all measure??? Turn to the Lord in those difficult times and He promises to help us!!!! whenever you feel like giving up guess what? Jesus knew what it would be like Mar 14:36 And he said, Abba, Father, all things [are] possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt. He understood what difficult situation He was about to face and He understands your situation as well. Sooooo look up to the Father and He will rescue you!!!

Replies

• AmyJKSaunders
    AmyJKSaunders Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the encouragement! The joy of the Lord is our strength!
  • FITNLUVINIT
    Options
    You are very welcome!!! anything I can do to help!!!
  • jdub224
    jdub224 Posts: 120
    Options
    I could use some prayers for tomorrow. I am doing a 1 mile fun run for the Micah 2.0 Labor of Love. I am really excited and REALLY nervous. Prayer for strength and endurance for me and my wife. We both just actually ran a mile for the first time in our lives last night. We've never even run outside before for long distances. All Glory to God in this endeavor. I know that in His strength all will go according to His perfect plan.

Gosh, I guess I shouldn't be so nervous after all. LOL.
  • projectxreborn
    Options
    I could use some prayers for tomorrow. I am doing a 1 mile fun run for the Micah 2.0 Labor of Love. I am really excited and REALLY nervous. Prayer for strength and endurance for me and my wife. We both just actually ran a mile for the first time in our lives last night. We've never even run outside before for long distances. All Glory to God in this endeavor. I know that in His strength all will go according to His perfect plan.

Gosh, I guess I shouldn't be so nervous after all. LOL.

How exciting for you and your wife! Here are some quotes I discovered recently that are inspiring:

“If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run.”
    ― John Bingham

“It was being a runner that mattered, not how fast or how far I could run. The joy was in the act of running and in the journey, not in the destination. We have a better chance of seeing where we are when we stop trying to get somewhere else. We can enjoy every moment of movement, as long as where we are is as good as where we'd like to be. That's not to say that you need to be satisfied forever with where you are today. But you need to honor what you've accomplished, rather than thinking of what's left to be done (p. 159).”
    ― John Bingham, No Need for Speed: A Beginner's Guide to the Joy of Running

"I often hear someone say I'm not a real runner. We are all runners, some just run faster than others. I never met a fake runner."
    -Bart Yasso

Colossians 3:23-24
    “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.” (NIV)

Isaiah 40:31
    “But those who hope in the LORD
    will renew their strength.
    They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint.” (NIV)

Have a great run and let us know how everything goes! It is wonderful that you and your wife are doing this together :)
  • jdub224
    jdub224 Posts: 120
    Options
    Sorry for the late reply. We DID IT!! 1 mile in 14:56 seconds. Our new family record, ha ha.

I was pretty nervous, especially when we encountered something we've never encountered on the treadmill, hills. Humidity AND hills!!. My wife did awesome. It was super fun and I'm really stoked to do the 5k we are doing on October 6th (at night).
  • projectxreborn
    Options
    Sorry for the late reply. We DID IT!! 1 mile in 14:56 seconds. Our new family record, ha ha.

I was pretty nervous, especially when we encountered something we've never encountered on the treadmill, hills. Humidity AND hills!!. My wife did awesome. It was super fun and I'm really stoked to do the 5k we are doing on October 6th (at night).

Congratulations! Ugh, I hate exercising in the heat/humidity and I am not even a runner yet, so extra
    congrats to you and your wife :) Very inspiring, seriously :)
  • FITNLUVINIT
    Options
    Sorry for the late reply for some reason it isn't notifying me when there is a comment. I am really excited for you and your wife, my husband and I are on the weight loss journey together, but he is not able to run do to knee and back injuries. Congratulations on completing it!!!