exercise

Options
I am struggling to keep motivated to keep active. My body isn't as young as it used to be so I am not as capable as I used to be. I can't do these high intensity aerobic workouts like I could have 20 years ago. I'm not a big fan of aerobics anyway. I also have peripheral neuropathy which makes walking distances a challenge. Today I did a little dancing on the wii with my daughter who is a great encouragement and I stretched which I've read is very good for aging bodies. Still, I thought I'd be able to do a lot more at 49.

Replies

• merlyngrey
    Options
    You might want to try some strength training. You might be surprised and end up really liking it. I'm doing Chalean Extreme but I think there are some workouts on exercise TV if you want to start without a major investment. The bands are fairly inexpensive. I had EA Sports Active for playstation for kind of an intro to strength. That one is made for wii too.
  • Balsam1951
    Options
    I have a lot of arthritis joint damage all over my body, exercise is so painful. My doctors encourage what ever exercise I can do to help me stay mobile. I did have a gym membership but I couldn't do much. I do exercise around my home and walk on my large patio and keep a chair near by so I can stop and rest if I can't walk far. A nurse friend gave me some suggestions so I didn't even have to leave the house to get some exercise. It helps.