Twilight Recipes

Options
ScarlettVamp
ScarlettVamp Posts: 821 Member
Okay....so I tried a new recipe and thought it might be fun to post it with some Twilight related comments. Corny? YES! But these boards are dead (pun intended) so I'll try anything to pep them up again.

Twilight Vampire Pasta:

House Foods Tofu Shirataki (Spaghetti Noodles), 8 oz. = Tofu/Yam Root Noodles --- Jacob would say these are like Edward....they should not exist.

Great Value Petite Diced Tomatoes (Canned), 1 cup drained --- Though they are red, even "vegetarian vampires" won't mistake these for blood.

Laughing Cow Light Garlic and Herb Cheese Wedge, 2 wedge --- Cold, pale, and aromatic just like Edward. Heat turns them velvety smooth like Edward's voice.

Publix Italian Seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon --- a/k/a Volturi Spice

Swanson Chicken Broth 99% Fat Free, 0.25 cup --- Human food that doesn't look or taste particularly appetizing until you combine it with something else.

Fresh Garlic - 1 Medium Clove (4g), minced --- You can add more...according to Edward, the notion that garlic keeps vampires away is just a myth.

Rinse the "noodles" and drain them well. You may even want to pat them dry. If they seem "tangled", cut them into smaller pieces with kitchen shears or a knife. I sprayed a frying pan with a little non stick cooking spray and added the garlic then the noodles. I then added all the other ingredients except the cheese and let it simmer for a bit (the noodles take on the flavor of whatever they are cooked with). I tend to cook by "sight" (just call me Alice!) so I added a little salt/pepper/garlic powder as well as some extra italian seasoning as I went along. After simmering, use a spoon to drain off excess liquid, add cheese and stir until melted. I served mine with grilled chicken on top.

A lot of bang for your calorie buck for sure and overall pretty tasty. This makes one large serving.

Nutritional Info (not including cooking spray):

Calories 167
Carbs 17
Fat 4
Protein 8
Fiber 6
Sugar 8

Replies

• MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Great topic!!And I was wanting that recipe too. It sounds so good!!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,894 Member
    Options
    LOL! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Love this topic! Twi, Jake is right, those noodles shouldn't exist, lol, but the recipe sounds great!

BTW, Costco Kirkland chicken stock is WAY better than Swanson and lower in sodium.

I'll have to do a little thinking about my Twilight recipe!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I love it! :blushing:
  • sykin
    sykin Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I will have to think up some Twilight recipes! Yum. Does a vegetarian salad work? LMAO! That's all I can wrap my brain around this week. LOL