Fat Bullies (August)

Options
ishapeme
ishapeme Posts: 213 Member
Hello Ladies!

Ever heard the quote "sweat is fat crying"? Well, we're going to make them bawl!!! hehehe, I'm so intense, but not really...

So ladies, this is my first time being a captain, so please bare with me as I learn!

Here are the rest of your bullymates!

Canidoit11 - Captain
Kimberly120409
gatorento
Monih10
MeganKatiie

I found that I do much better when I am actively invovlved with MFP. So here, please give us some information about you:

Name,
profession,
state you live in,
biggest motivation to succeed THIS month,
why you may have failed in the past.

This is so we can get to know each other and how we can motivate each other, share tips etc.

Also, I would really like to keep in constant communication with you all. So everyday, whenever you want, please post something about your day. It can be quick as a sentence or venting, comment on how you almost cheated, but you DIDN"T! an article or a picture you want to share. Something!

Ok, enough of me blabbing!
biggest motivation to succeed THIS month, I'm going to see my boyfriend in Ecuador! I want to lose around 5 pounds before then!
why you may have failed in the past. Binging, thinking I can start tomorrow, unmotivated

Replies

• MeganKatiie
    Options
    Name - Megan
    profession - Currently Unemployed :(
    state you live in - England
    biggest motivation to succeed THIS month - You guys on here and wanting to tone up and loose weight,
    why you may have failed in the past - No Support, Giving in/up too easily
  • Confident120409
    Confident120409 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Name-Kim
    Profession- Medical Records Director
    state you live in- North Carolina
    Biggest motivation to succeed this month- I wanna lose weight and tone up. Also this challenge has me motivated.
    Why you may have failed in the past- Giving in to junk food to easily. No support.
  • gatorento
    gatorento Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Name - Roxanne
    profession - biologist in the Navy
    state you live in - Peru, South America
    biggest motivation to succeed THIS month - getting promoted at end of August. I want to fit comfortably into my uniform and look great for the ceremony.
    why you may have failed in the past - workaholic: exercise has been the first thing to go when I am crunched for time to get things done.
  • gatorento
    Options
    My boxer thought that I was playing a new game when I was exercising today - he really loved the jump roping (I did air jumps), and he started bouncing happily in circles around me while I was jump roping!
  • Confident120409
    Options
    I got in my 100 oz of water today. Also I wanted to post my current weight and measurements. We are a team and I have nothing to hide. I need you all to give me support and keep me motivated.

Bust- 52 3/4
    Waist- 46
    Hips- 57
    Bicep- 18
    Thigh- 31 1/2
    Weight: 257.5

I am not happy with where I am but I am determined to change my life and be healthier. Good luck to everyone and lets kick some butt!!!
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!!
    I'm so excited to be in this group with you all! I know we are gonna kick some butt!!!

Name- Monica
    Profession- sales/marketing rep/ estimator.....also going to school for respiratory therapy
    State I live in- Texas
    Biggest motivation I have to succeed this month is the 5-7 lbs I didn't lose LAST month!!
    Why I failed in the past- making numerous excuses, saying "I'll do it later", and just plain giving up

So....I'm really thankful to have you guys to keep me motivated....and I'll do the same for y'all!!! :)
  • gatorento
    Options
    I completed today's challenges PLUS drank 100+ oz water. Go team, go!
  • monih10
    Options
    You did awesome, Roxanne!!!

Here are my measurements:

Bust- 36 in
    Waist- 34 1/2 in
    Hips- 36 in
    Thighs- 21 in
    Upper arms- 12 1/2 in
    Weight- 144 lbs
  • ishapeme
    Options
    Hi Ladies! So great to read a little about you all!

Welcome to DAY 2. Thanks for your measurements. I will include them in our spreadsheet. Please send me your measurements on Sunday before 10 PM just so I have plenty of time to log it all in.

Looks like we’re headed to a good start (great job gatorento) lets keep with the water! We are a team here and also, your body is counting on you! By the way, if you drink coffee, tea that counts as well!

So down for day 2? Looking forward to hearing about your day later on. I’ll include my measurements later.

CHALLENGE FOR THE WEEK:

Wednesday 8/1 - 10 minute Total Body workout
    This workout is one that should only take 10 minutes out of your day and can be done in any place with no equipment.

1. (1:30) Jump Rope - If you don't have a jump rope air jump rope.
    (30 sec rest)
    2. (1 minute) Plyometric Push - up - This can be do either in modified push up form or normal push up form. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMqPf7TTv2s
    (30 sec rest)
    3. (1 minute) Standing Crunch To Squat - I don't have video of this as a flowing exercise BUT here is a worded instruction and a video on the Standing Crunch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vd4AoebNmg -- Stand with feet shoulder width apart, hands behind your head, elbows out to sides. Bend from the hips to the right as your bring your right knee toward your elbow (out and up like in video). Return to starting position and repeat with left knee and left elbow. Return to Stating position then do one squat.
    These three steps count as one rotation.(30 sec rest)

Complete the three exercises for 1 complete rounds (5 mins) if you are new to this or 2 complete rounds (10 mins) if you are advanced.

Questions?

Thursday 8/2 - ARMS

Everything should be broken up into 3 sets of 10

Standing Bicep Curls: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av7-8igSXTs
    Shoulder Press: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-aVuyhvLHU&feature=relmfu
    Tricep Extension: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRiJVZDpdL0&feature=relmfu
    Pec/chest Fly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmXSO_EqNeY
    Push ups (you can modify these to be on your knees or against a wall)

Friday 8/3 - Legs

Saturday 8/4 - Abs

Sunday 8/5 - REST --- Weigh in
  • Confident120409
    Options
    i thought we were supposed to measure at the beginning of the month and the last day of the month...are we supposed to measure every week cuz i have no problem with that at all.
  • monih10
    Options
    Will there be nutritional challenges posted as well?
  • ishapeme
    Options
    My measurements:
    Weight: 148
    Goal Weight for this challenge: 142
    Waist 29.0
    Hips 35.0
    Arm 11.0
    Chest 33.0
    Bust 37.0
    BMI 23.4
    Thigh 21.0

Kim - I have that issue with junk food too! Sometimes, I log the food in MFP before I eat it. Once I see the calories I almost always don't eat it. Or eat it, but I make up for it by doing a hard workout to make up the calories.

Meagan - I love your profile picture! Where is that?

Monica/Roxanne - i know what you mean by excuses. I still trying to figure out how to best handle those times when think of every reason not to work out. Lately, in the month month, I've tried to schedule out my workout week. It's been a huge improvement for me. When do you feel like you work out the best?
  • ishapeme
    Options
    So I read carefully how we get points so that we can win this challenge.

1 point each day exercise is completed
    1 point each day 100 ozs drank
    *Extra points to make fun nutritional challenges. (I need some ideas for this!)
    *Extra points if we record inches (YES PLEASE) I will record our progress at the end of the month.
    *5 Extra points if everyone does the exercises every day

Please send me your weight on Sunday. It is very important that I have everyone’s information by 10 PM Sunday, because if I don’t input the data, I can’t edit it later and we will lose the points. Worst case scenario send it to me on Saturday!

I will track exercise/water challenge daily. To make this less complicated, EACH day answer me in this format:
    Exercises – YES or NO
    Water 100 ozs – YES or NO
    Comments: Such as difficulties, helpful hints, suggestions, motivation, something about your day, you ALMOST gave into temptation but then you beat up the little voice in your head. ANYTHING.

***Girls, I’m going to be honest, I REALLY want us to do well. Not well, AMAZING. It would be cool if we took a before picture now and an after and we do one post on Success stories about how we were the meanest fat bullies in town (of course only who feels comfortable). I have a great vibe that you girls really want this too!

Comments? Suggestions?
  • Confident120409
    Options
    I do not know how to track exercises so I just put them all in as aerobics. I will be exercising twice today. Walking at work and then home exercises. I hope everyone is having a great day. I have 3 more glasses of water to drink for today. Im excited.
  • gatorento
    Options
    Hello, Team-Mates!

Today:
    Exercises – YES
    Water 100 ozs – YES
    Comments: Hope you had an awesome day. I had a very tough day at work, and was so glad that I started out my day with my challenge exercises first thing in the morning.

Here are my measurements (I'm happy to share them because it's great to be accountable, and I'm really looking forward to seeing these numbers decrease, and to have friends to share the victory with me!)

Neck 14
    Bust 38
    Chest 32.5
    Biceps 11
    Forearms 9.5
    Waist 34
    Hips 39
    Thighs 23
    Calves 14
    Weight 143
    Goal weight for this challenge: 137

I really can't tell how much it means to me to have your support and encouragement: thank you, fellow fat bullies!
  • gatorento
    Options
    Can the challenges be posted the night before? I can't check MFP at work (firewall restrictions). Thanks!
  • gatorento
    Options
    I do not know how to track exercises so I just put them all in as aerobics. I will be exercising twice today. Walking at work and then home exercises. I hope everyone is having a great day. I have 3 more glasses of water to drink for today. Im excited.
    Did you drink those remaining 3 glasses of water?! :)
  • gatorento
    Options
    ***Girls, I’m going to be honest, I REALLY want us to do well. Not well, AMAZING. It would be cool if we took a before picture now and an after and we do one post on Success stories about how we were the meanest fat bullies in town (of course only who feels comfortable). I have a great vibe that you girls really want this too!

Comments? Suggestions?
    I really want us ALL to do AMAZING also. I will be glad to do a before and after photo. I am so excited to be a part of the Fat Bullies Team - you ladies all seem very motivated, and I will work hard to carry my weight (pun intended - lol). Cheers, all.
  • gatorento
    Options
    When do you feel like you work out the best?

Morning - first thing.
  • Confident120409
    Options
    how do we upload pictures?