Chick filla

I cannot believe how many people are supporting them on MFP- I guess until they say we don't like blondes or brunettes no one will care

Replies

• treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    I'm with you. Sad to read all those posts.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    "I suppose same-sex marriage and the first amendment so I don't have a problem giving them my money."

Well since their money goes to fund organizations like Exodus International, you can say you support same-sex marriage, but then I get to call you a liar.
  • woodsk67
    woodsk67 Posts: 88
    Just hope when their kids, nieces, nephews, etc. come and tell them they are LGBT, they realize the helped an organization that tells kids they are wrong to be gay.. Enjoy that chicken
  • bhankiii
    bhankiii Posts: 217 Member
    I heard on Houston NPR at noon that at a downtown location cars were lined up around the block and they had 5 cash registers going. The reporter interviewed several and they all said the same thing, "we don't hate gay people we just think he's entitled to his opinion". And he is, of course, and I'm entitled to spend my money elsewhere. But yeah, I wonder what they'd be saying if he had come out against "fat people on airplanes" rights.
  • EvanKeel
    And I don't think people quite get that when they participate in acts like this, what they're saying is that not only do they like the restaurant, but they support what the owners support.

Idiots keep asking, "Why do gay people need a parade. Where's my parade."

Well congrats, you have your bigot parade now. I hope you're happy.
  • woodsk67
    And I don't think people quite get that when they participate in acts like this, what they're saying is that not only do they like the restaurant, but they support what the owners support.

This is good and I am borrwoing the parade line
  • treetop57
    Indeed. Great line, EvanKeel!
  • courtniemarie
    courtniemarie Posts: 172 Member
    I haven’t opened any of the public threads, I felt safe opening this one though! I just wish it wasn’t like hitting a brick wall when trying to oppose people who feel so strongly against same-sex couples/marriage. I know if we tried to post some of what we have in this thread it would fall on deaf ears.

I have seen some good ideas on facebook about bringing your LGBT family into chick fil a restaurants and hanging out, maybe just ordering a drink. Let them get uncomfortable! Unfortunately, no one who works at a chick fil a near me is very much opposed to same-sex marriage so it’s wouldn’t make much of a dent.
  • airbent
    airbent Posts: 150 Member
    I can't go anywhere near public threads on subjects like this, or I'd never come to this site again. I'd rather not know that I'm swimming around in QUITE that much ignorance. :/

I'm glad this group exists.
  • airbent
    airbent Posts: 150 Member

When I get this line I remind them that every day is a straight parade.
  • woodsk67
    The public threads made me cringe.............
  • EvanKeel
    And people wonder why we set up groups like this. Gee, I can't imagine why we would go to the trouble when the public forums are full of so much support.

/sarcasm.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    -_- I keep hoping I will wake up and find it was all a dream. I really like their food, the *kitten*. Haven't eaten there since the original report that their money went to anti-gay stuff. (Why did this all suddenly come up again? That was like, over a year ago?)

Also ffs I am so freaking tired of people saying things about "the constitution" as if it has anything to do with personal morality. Not putting someone in jail for free speech does not also mean that regular citizens should give them money just for speaking 'freely'. If you're doing that, I'd like to come out firmly as a baby hater, and I await donations to my cause from everyone who's ever said they like kids. They should give me money to support my first amendment rights. or... you know. Whatever.

*goes to set up a paypal account*

Also what the hell is going on there today, I drove by one and there was a huge line. Are they giving food away?
  • tameko2
    Oh. I just googled it. Wow. :/ None of the people at the one I passed were protesters. They were all in line to buy food.

This is what I get for living in Orange County I guess. *grumbles*
  • treetop57
    Gay-Marriage-Legalized-Chart.gif
  • bhankiii
    bhankiii Posts: 217 Member
    I have seen some good ideas on facebook about bringing your LGBT family into chick fil a restaurants and hanging out, maybe just ordering a drink. Let them get uncomfortable! Unfortunately, no one who works at a chick fil a near me is very much opposed to same-sex marriage so it’s wouldn’t make much of a dent.

Yeah - and you have to be a little thoughtful about punishing the local franchise owners just to spite the CEO. But I had enough reasons not to eat there even before all this came up, so no change to my habits.
  • treetop57
    Interesting site, EvanKeel. Thanks!
  • ShaneWinston58
    ShaneWinston58 Posts: 156 Member
    bhankiii, they showed the same thing, on the news, happening here in Tampa FL. The Chick-Fil-A's were swarmed by people who were not in support of same-sex marriage. There were suppose to be "kiss-ins" by same-sex couples at the chicken restaurants, but it wasn't mentioned on the news.
  • tameko2

Interesting.

And bhankii - a percentage of all gross sales at any chick-fil-a franchise goes to corporate headquarters. So yeah. I wouldn't give them my money, franchisee or not. Ideally they did their research before picking this as their franchise, alternately they change their store over to another brand, or...well, I guess at least they could put up some nice "We do not support the corporate line here - unfortunately a percentage of our proceeds do go to them, but to make up for that we also donate a percentage of our proceeds to ____________" <-- would be better than nothing.

but yep. Sucks to be a franchisee who is losing money over this (although honestly it looks like a lot of them are MAKING money today ... sigh) but if you give them your money you just prove that they made a good choice of franchise.

(also am I seriously the only one who loves their chicken bites? Chunks of boneless skinless chicken breast floured and fried? Yum.)