men does it freak you out...

Options
christine24t
christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
...if a girl either clips out photos/ideas for a wedding or pins them on Pinterest?
...if a girl has baby names picked out?

Just curious!

Replies

• Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    To me neither,I understand how your emotions run wild.
    If regular life indicated the same without restraint then I would be leery.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    When is she revealing this stuff to me? If she has wedding stuff posted on a Pinterest profile and isn't in a secure long term relationship where wedding plans have been discussed, I think that it is a cause for concern.

Women often think about their wedding days as little girls.

If she's thought about baby names, and mentions that really early in a relationship, that is something that is a bit out of place.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Let's say she doesn't mention it to you, and doesn't talk about it in real life, but you were to find a Pinterest page or a scrapbook with wedding/baby ideas?

And the baby names aren't for the children you might have with her, but just in general.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    I would laugh and tease about it but I don't think it's that bad about the wedding but baby names is ridiculous
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Options
    I had my oldest daughter's name picked out when I was probably 14. I just wanted my first daughter to be named after both my grandmothers. Luckily my ex didn't care what name I picked so I got to use it after all.
  • bruintamer
    bruintamer Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    My best friend already told the rest of us she's reserving the name Sophia and if we have daughters before does we can't pick that name. I'm like girl please. Take it. I don't ever think about that kind of stuff. I'm not a guy and it weirds me out. Another Asian friend of mine wants to name her future son Malik. Mmmm I do like that name actually.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I would find easy girls with the same name as said baby names and cheat with them. On video. And post to her facebook profile.

At the very least, that should buy me time while she is trying to think up new names.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I would find easy girls with the same name as said baby names and cheat with them. On video. And post to her facebook profile.

At the very least, that should buy me time while she is trying to think up new names.

Damn. Should repost in the "Are men more manly today" thread.....

Damn.

--P
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I don't even plan on having kids but have kids names picked out and have since I was probably in 6th grade. This is something girls talk about when they are growing up and mine just kind of stuck and to this day if I accidently ever get pregnant I sitll like the names I picked out back when I was 12, they are family names. Also women tend ask their friends about baby names when they are having a baby so during this process it would not be unusual for the unpregnant woman to find names she likes for her future children.

Wedding stuff posted on pintrest, yep have that too but that is because my friend is planning her wedding so I will pin things for her to see. So I guess if a guy stumbled acrossed it he might be like "WTF" but if he asked why I don't think he should be scared.
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm a weird woman, but it freaks me out to even bring it up. Yes I do have baby names picked out (a boy and a girl name) in case I ever have kids, but those will never be spoken to my SO unless 1.) we get to that point or 2.) HE brings it up. Same with anything related to a wedding. I had a hard enough time telling my SO that I was sucked in to helping with a bridal shower this weekend. :ohwell:
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Unless the first and middle name of the first born son is "Vanilla Ice" yes it would most definitely weird me out.
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm missing some gene when it comes to this stuff. I have not thought about a wedding or children's names yet. :embarassed:
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    A song came on the radio and my single friend said "Oh my god this is my wedding song!" I laughed and tease her about it to this day (two years later, still single). I definitely think it's creepy to start planning a wedding but names for me are interesting. I store them away in my brain vault to be used to characters, pets or (in a helluva long time if ever) maybe possibly children. Names get used all the time.

Then again this is because I have zero interest in weddings. I think they're expensive and wasteful. I'd much rather save that $15,000 and use it on a bomb honeymoon. Or a down payment on a house. One night to feed other people so they can look at me looking like not me at all? Pshaw, we can have a potluck in jeans.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    It depends on the overall context. My hopes are that most of these things would come up naturally as the dating goes on. Now, if it was completely contrary to what she'd been telling me, then I'd have concerns.