Recipes to share - Meals

Kalynx
Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
:)

Replies

• Kalynx
    I just posted this on food/nutrition board. thought I would C&P to share here, too..and would love to hear other ideas.

eggs are great - one of the perfect foods - i like mine scrambled or poached or baked - all easy to fix, freezable portable - i have even cracked open an egg at work and cooked it in mug at work in desperate times. dont ask why i had raw eggs available.

a week ago i did quick egg bake when i got up - four eggs a diced jalapeno a small handfull of sundried tomatos and some sausage crumbles. it baked for 30 minutes while i got ready for work and i had 4 portions of a great breakfast to use all week. it went quickly.

i also like eggs/tomatos in any form. i have posted an awesome savory bacon/egg/tomato/onion/sage dish in recipe board you can search for.

also eggs scrambled with salsa. egg bake with whatever you want or like.

pancakes or waffles frozen or reheated or made from scratch in large batches and stored for later.

toast and bacon. bacon and cheese. fresh fruit is a nice side. or a yohgurt fruit smoothie. always quick and easy with very little prep work the night before.

forgot to add - mcdonalds oat meal variety is delicious i like all of them but favorite is just plain hold the fruit and sugar/syrup and i add a tiny bit of sea salt.

bacon is good baked in oven and stored for later in fridge. no mess easy to fix grab and go.

it is hard these days to find a good excuse NOT to have the most important meal of the day - to break my fast.

leftovers from the night before works - protein especially.

and love yourself enough to use real butter. ;)
  • crystalwoodruff
    crystalwoodruff Posts: 13 Member
    great eggs are a stable at my house! i use them at breakfast, scrambled, cheese omlets, in MIMs, over easy, deviled, in quiches...they are the wonder food
  • Kalynx
    i read about eggbeaters by accident in my new cookbook/nutrition guide. its very disturbing. lol i will have to find link to article to share at some point. too long to type out.