INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE! Hi my name is....

Options
rainbos
rainbos Posts: 75 Member
I'm profoundly deaf since birth. I just love staying fit and working out. I use this site to keep track of what I eat, and how much I work out. At my job I sit on my *kitten* all day, so this is a really nice break.

Feel free to elaborate a LOT more than that in your own introductions. LOL. Be creative, you know like your fitness goals, deaf history, favorite olympic sport, yadda yadda....

Rain

Replies

• kaajay
    kaajay Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi Rain. ;)

My favorite olympic sport is the mad McDonald gash after the wins. Okay, they don't really show that on t.v. but they're all over twitter and facebook. Pretty rad. The message is: You CAN eat (or drink) whatever you want... after you work for it.

Do I practice that? No, not always. But I try.

Like Rain, I sit on my *kitten* the most of the day. I get restless often, so sometimes I pump with the couple of 10 lb weights that my co-worker and I found. It must have come with the old building we work in -- they don't make those barbells anymore... probably for safety reasons. So I got to make sure I hold on those weights, or risk losing my paycheck to cover the window replacement costs or to patch up the ceiling or walls.

I've been getting back into running. I hate it. But I do it, because I know I was in my best shape ever when I was a "runner" several years ago. At that time, I was also a "surfer" -- alas not a good one. Surfing is great for the arms, and I had a pretty bangin' body then too! No ocean near by so no surfing this time. Plus I only am on a non-profit income (in other words, pennies), so I don't do gyms.

Rain actually introduced me to MFP. I got engaged earlier this year, and am getting married in December. Just wanted to make sure I still fit into the dress (looking like it's getting a bit loose...), and I want to make the lucky groom drop his jaw and all when he sees me naked.

Oh yeah, my name is Kristen. Some Deafies call me KJ.
  • rainbos
    Options
    HAHA nice to meet you. We may be the only functional members in this club!! You can be president. ;-) And yes, sure, I will be VP and your bridesmaid.

Kristen and I did HOT YOGA. And man, that was amazing.

I wish i could keep doing that.

I found that if you get free yoga passes if you are new, so for a while you can do that, with yoga studios in your area. Nothing wrong with it, because you are shopping and you never know, may end up loving it enough to become a paying member. :-)

I LOVE the olympics, all of it, but no time to watch any of it. :( I guess I would say soccer and men's gymnastics and mens swimming are my favorite.
  • kaajay
    kaajay Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'll be happy to accept your nomination for President. VP do more work than President anyway ;)

Yep, I sure miss BIKRAM YOGA/HOT YOGA. Have done to a couple studios rates found via Groupon (good for new customers). I stopped due to the good old budget... being involved in a wedding, AND getting married in yet another wedding and a huge overseas move sure sucks the wallet dry.

I'm not surprised you're into soccer, mens swimming, and mens gymnastics. You just want to look at the chiseled bodies. ;) I'd watch more of the Olympics if I have a TV. Otherwise I just read the "breaking reports" from Huffington Post -- good enough, but for sure I didn't miss out part of the Opening Ceremony.... that Beckham sure has a gorgeous smile. PS RAIN when are you going to take me to a Galaxy game, preferably when he's there?
  • vinstevel
    Options
    Hi I am Steve. I became profoundly deaf bilaterally 8 years ago. I just finished my graduate degree at NTID and start my PhD at Syracuse University next week. I am over the hump in my weightloss goals, and gearing up for the final 10 lbs. I enjoy lifting and used to compete years ago.
  • rainbos
    Options
    Nice to meet you Steve. Wow, you sound fit. I have a PhD too, in experimental psychology.... that means I sit around and analyze data all day, minimal interactions with people. :-)
  • vinstevel
    Options
    I have been fit yes, right now in a bit of an interim period, but getting back there. Its tough when our jobs are sitting all day analyzing data. I am at a computer screen 10 hours a day at least
  • rainbos
    Options
    same here. Plus the commute. Ugh. I work out at 6 am before work.
  • Katt1320
    Katt1320 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hearie interpreter, Deaf heart!!! I wanted to see how all the Deafies are doing on weight loss!:blushing: Feel free to add me.
  • ellenasl210
    ellenasl210 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late on this sorry haha!

My name's Ellen and I'm a musician as well as a full-time student(: I have minimal hearing loss but I did learn sign at a young age so I consider myself part of the deaf community(:

I started my weight loss journey last May and have had great success! Although it's difficult now that school has started in full swing again, I'm doing my best! I used to be a runner until osteoarthritis killed that... so now i mainly cycle in moderation and do weight training when I have time(:

It's nice to see so many cool people here! Feel free to add me, and best of luck!(:
  • nay_nay11
    nay_nay11 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Krystal I got to Galluadet University ( Go BISON!!) I am newly hoh but have been signing all my life bcause a lot of people in my family have a hearing loss! Nice to meet everyone& Happy New Year
  • kymcakes67
    Options
    Hello. My name is Kym.
    Full Deaf.
    Vegetarian/Vegan new lifestyle, losing weight with fitness and healthy eating.
    Loving it!
  • Thedreamer1985
    Thedreamer1985 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am profound deaf too work at an office, where I get up at 430 with my husband and when he goes to work 5 am I am working out. I recently had to start on day one cuz I haven't done much since the last 6 months! welcome! I will be sending you a friends request, it is nice to meet / see some new deafies! :D
  • kymcakes67
    Options
    Hi I'm Kym. I am HOH (deaf in left ear) and from NJ.
  • cmm7303
    cmm7303 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Carissa. I'm HOH, but slowly losing the rest of my hearing. Grew up using SEE, and now my family uses ASL (I became an interpreter years ago because my son needed the language). May I join you?