low carb

Options
caraiselite
caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
a ketogenic or low carb diet really is awesome for people that love sugar and overeat or binge. i can't even have a few bites.. i would go crazy and eat the entire bag/container whatever. then feel horrible and guilty that i did it, then eat everything else that is bad for me.

it's hard though. you need to be strong as nails for the first week or two, but once in ketosis you feel awesome, cravings go away, and have so much more energy.

Replies

• aswinter
    aswinter Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yeah my mom tried something called the slow carb diet where you cut out all processed carbs and fruit (because it has a lot of sugar) and you can eat meat, vegetables, and legumes. It really jump starts your bodies metabolism and helps detox a lot of processed food from your system. No soda, juice, etc etc just tea, water, and coffee. It was super hard though and didn't last very long because it's a big lifestyle change
  • kay1188
    kay1188 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    MOE DETAILS NEEDED... IT SOUNDS TOUGH
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    it is tough, but the results are fantastic. there can be a lot to it, but if you do your research it's simple!

just google ketogenic lifestyle or atkins induction.

i wouldn't be able to do slow carb because then i'd never get into ketosis (ketosis is when your body burns fat for energy)

it's basically lots of veggies, meat, little dairy, and nuts. it can be a shock to the system for sure.
  • Cynisba
    Cynisba Posts: 3
    Options
    Haha! I do that whole eat, guilt, forget it, binge thing too... good to know I'm not the only one!

That diet though.... brutal...

No fruits? Wow