Ride With Brad Sportive

Options
KitTheRoadie
KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
Hello fellow cycling MFP peeps!

A couple of months ago Bradley Wiggins created the Bradley Wiggins Foundation, a charity " to promote participation in sport and encourage people to exercise on a regular basis. To support keen and talented athletes from all sports who have the potential of taking their talent to the next level. To provide equipment or facilities to allow participation in sport as an individual, through clubs, local communities or schools."

To launch the foundation they have created the Ride With Brad Sportive, where you can ride with the 2012 Tour de France winner and now 2012 Olympic Time Trial Gold Medalist! As it stands he is now the greatest British Olympian of all time, alongside the greats like Sir Steve Redgrave and Sir Chris Hoy. I won't go on about his achievements because people that have the news on today will probably already know them!

Anyhow I entered the sportive when it was announced because Bradley is my hero and there is nothing I would like more than to say I've ridden with him (even though I won't be able to keep up! ;-)) and hopefully get a picture with him and my son (Bradley)... See what I did there! When I entered I purchased two tickets in the hope that my brother would come and ride with me, even though it's 250 miles away from where I/we live. Unfortunately he is unable to book the time off work needed to come and now I have a spare ticket.

I am not looking to make any money on this ticket other than what I paid for it. I made a donation to the foundation when I bought the tickets and if someone wishes to buy it off me then I would probably make another donation with the money. The ticket cost £40.00 and considering his recent achievements I think it's worth every penny.

You can look here http://www.bradleywigginsfoundation.org/site/ for info on the foundation and the sportive, just don't look at the elevation profile!

If anyone would be interested in this then please get in contact with me. As fellow cyclists you are welcome to 'friend me' and anyone that is on my friends list already, well it would be great to meet, if one of you wanted to join me for this once in a lifetime event.

Best Regards and happy riding!

PS - Forgot to add the ticket is for the 160k (100 mile) sportive but you have the option to do the shorter 100k (62miles) one if you wish. I think I may end up doing the shorter one!