Stadium Run Plans - 8/4

jagfan
jagfan Posts: 255 Member
Good morning, MFPers...Tomorrow is the "big race"...lol. For some not so big, but for most of us, it will be an important race in many aspects. Some are doing their first very 5k, some are going out to get fresh air and exercise, others are looking for a PR! Me, I can't wait to hang with family and friends before and after the race.

Here are some plans we have discussed amongst ourselves...these are very flexible, so don't feel pressured - But all are welcome! Most of us have signed up for the 8:00 pm wave - Under the Lights! We are planning to arrive at the stadium at about 6:30 pm. We will be parking in lot J (that is right outside the Pepsi Tailgate where all events will be taking place). Last year we did not pay for parking, but I would be prepared just in case. There is a Suns game that starts at 6:05, so there is a possibility they will charge to park. The folks attending the scrimmage tonight have to pay due to multiple events going on downtown. They say tonight is $5, so I would just plan on the same thing. (I looked on the website and could find nothing about it. Maybe there is more in our race packets.)

I don't know if they will let us have coolers and such. I plan on bringing a couple of chairs to just hang out for a little while before. Like I said...none of this was a problem last year, so I would think it is pretty much the same this year. I am going to bring some bottled watter and maybe bananas as I don't eat right before a run.

I will give my cell phone for you to text/call me when you arrive. 904-591-0386. My real name is Renee...in case you wanted to know!

I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow! Pick up your race packets and get ready! It will be fun...no matter what our finish time or what shape we are in after! We will have achieved something very exciting!

Replies

• jpaw1002
    jpaw1002 Posts: 322 Member
    bump. so i know who to get ahold of....wait.. :laugh: i'll be riding w/ you! But! incase ya'll didn't know thats my mom and i'll be there as well my real name is Jessie for those who didnt know & sometimes its easier to get ahold of me...*bc i hear my phone :bigsmile:* so my number is 904-343-8446
    see ya'll at the race!!!
  • SaraBelle0312
    SaraBelle0312 Posts: 328 Member
    OHEMGEE! Nervous! But I'll be there. Shorts or Capris?? Any hints as to prepping for 1st timers like me? like Food/water/exercise/stretching?

ETA: Also, my sister will be at my house this weekend. Should I leave her home or is there somewhere she can watch/cheer us on?
  • jpaw1002
    i wear capris just bc my thighs rub :laugh: lol so whatever ur more comfy w/. um yes water drink as much as you can today and tomorrow. i stretch before the race while were all hanging out. today don't push urself in working out aspect b/c u dont want to be tired tomorrow. food, people say carbs are good for you, but seeing as its not until tomorrow night...lol today i guess it doesn't really matter too much not like a specific thing to eat, id say for lunch tomorrow maybe have some carbs but don't eat too heavy.

and she can come if she'd like theres places for them to go n hang out & zac is supposed to be going so they have lots of room to just walk around n chill out and i cant remember how much of the race they can actually see i know for sure the begining n ending lol but if she wants to come she's more than welcome! ((p.s. they also make good bag holders :bigsmile: just saying))
  • jagfan
    jagfan Posts: 255 Member
    bump. so i know who to get ahold of....wait.. :laugh: i'll be riding w/ you! But! incase ya'll didn't know thats my mom and i'll be there as well my real name is Jessie for those who didnt know & sometimes its easier to get ahold of me...*bc i hear my phone :bigsmile:* so my number is 904-343-8446
    see ya'll at the race!!!

Sigh...yep. That's my girl! @ Sara...whatever you normally do before any run...that's what you would do. Don't try anything new because you never know what it will do to your system. I don't run after I eat...just can't do it. So I am planning a light, late lunch and bringing bananas. Afterwards, probably go out to dinner.

@ jpaw...you riding with me? Didn't know if you were doing something after...but I guess we can have this dicussion through IM at work or when we see each other!! :wink:
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    I signed up!!!!! Super excited and nervous, but I will be there with you guys!!!!
  • How'd you guys do in the Stadium Run?? Heard it was a good event. Hope you all did well and survived!!

:)
  • jpaw1002
    it was good, except for the POURING rain the ENTIRE time! but that did help us keep cool! lol i finished in like 47mins i think it was a rough one this time. but i did it lol
  • Great Job!! I bet the rain did help a bit :) So proud of you girls kickin' *kitten*!