First Weekend Plans: Fun, Fit, Food

Options
04hoopsgal73
04hoopsgal73 Posts: 925 Member
:happy: Happy Friday:

It's our first weekend on our way to lose 101bs. What are you doing to have fun, stay fit and have some good food?

My husband and I have our meal plans set up for the weekend. Here in Massachusetts it is in the 90's with very dry humidity.
It reminds me of Georgia and Florida summer weather.

Friday night Grill: Lamb tips, red peppers and zucchini; Quinoa
Sunday: Grill Chicken Breasts, Grill Broccolli/Red & Sweet Onions; Grill Sliced Sweet Potatos

Saturday, we are going to a cookout we've been looking foward to all summer.
We plan to eat a healthy snack 2 hours before we go, and then eat hamburgers there.

We are making fruit cups (strawberries, grapes, blueberries and kiwi) as our dish for the cookout.
There will be the usual suspects on the menu and many good choices, too.

Friday: I walked and did exercises; and doing more later today.
Saturday: Morning bicycle ride early before heat gets up
Sunday: Rest day, exception strecthing which I do daily.

Journal my diary food and exercise and WATER....

Have a great first weekend everyone!!!

Replies

• AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I was hoping to get more time in for riding the mountain bikes out on the trails this weekend but my daughter plays in a fastpitch softball all star tournament this weekend on both Sat and Sun. I think instead I will be riding our local greenway after it cools down in the evenings instead. Either way I plan to get as much time in as I can. We will also be packing our own snacks and drinks to avoid concession stands and fast food.
  • KadenSmile
    KadenSmile Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This weekend is a long weekend up here in Canada (BC Day for me)....

I'm planning on Friday to head out for another walk in the evening.

Saturday is Farmer's Market Day out at Trout Lake, so I'll be able to pick up all sorts of nummy fruits and veggies

Sunday is Gay Pride here in Vancouver, so I'm going to have an awesome time going to the parade with my Dad (I know, it's a little weird to be doing pride with my dad, but he wants to experience the queer community to better understand his daughter (me), so what better way than to immerse him in queer culture for a day)

Then Monday, I am probably going to make myself some Veggie Enchiladas to last me through the rest of the week ;)

So, all in all... it is going to be a great weekend, and I'll be keeping my eye on the prize, so that I don't screw up my diet.

Have awesome weekends everyone, and best of luck keeping on track!

Laura :)
  • yroma
    yroma Posts: 80
    Options
    Lauracpope: love that your dad wants to go with you! You will be the envy of many... Have a wonderful time. PS: your plans to stay healthy sound solid and delicious.
  • Jurkadzl
    Jurkadzl Posts: 14
    Options
    I'll be at work. The fridge will be stocked with Lean Cuisines. Feelin' good so far.