Just Starting!

Options
_ylime_
_ylime_ Posts: 661 Member
Title: Just Starting! Anyone have stories / pics of progress and success? Advice?

Hi Everyone!

I just started doing crossfit last week - 6 WODs under my belt and I am loving it! I was interested in trying crossfit for several years but there was no local box (nothing within a couple hours) - and I didn't want to jump right into some the moves without the proper training / instruction on form.

Before this I was doing lots of cardio and I mixed in P90X as well. I lost about 20lbs but I wasn't seeing the major changes in body composition I am looking for. Anyways my goal is to get down to 18-20% body fat, which will probably require me to lose another 20-30 lbs...

I am just wondering when people started to see results...? I know it will take time.... so while I work on my own progress I would LOVE to see some pictures or hear stories from others who used crossfit to get in great shape! *If there is already a thread about this sorry in advance for the duplicative post... (I couldn't find any) :flowerforyou:

Any advice you guys have for a newbie is also welcome :bigsmile:

Thanks in advance!
E

Replies

• jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it about 5 months and have only just started seeing real changes in the last month or so. Suddenly I wear a smaller size and people have commented on how good I look. Gotta love that! I have "before" pics from day 1, I should take some current ones.
  • rainbos
    rainbos Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    almost 5 months. just seeing improvements now. now my PRs (maximum strength) are increasing each time. I lost 6 pounds with eating about 1100 to 1200 calories a day. You wont lose much weight with crossfit, because you will gain muscle. But you will see toner abs and thighs for sure.
  • aggiesrar05
    aggiesrar05 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!

My boyfriend and I have been doing CrossFit for about 5 months now (wow, where has the time gone). I know I'm getting stronger and my measurements are going down, but my actual weight didn't really drop until I did a Paleo Challenge with my CF box.

Keep at it and have fun! I <3 my CF family for all the support and encouragement they give.
  • jukemaster
    jukemaster Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are hitting the 6 month mark (not counting on-ramp) and things are now noticeable. Others started to see a change around the 4 month's point, but we didn't really notice it ourselves because we see each other daily. But even now we can look at each other and start to see a difference. Plus, I've lost a few inches and I'm starting to see what might one-day be abs :)
  • aggiejane07
    aggiejane07 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in my fourth month and I'm only now starting to see actual numeric changes (weight/body fat). My husband has been raving about my butt since about one month in though ;) I've seen tremendous gains in strength and endurance however. My first crossfit workout was 4X400 m sprints. I was seeing stars and almost throwing up after 3 of them. Never even did the fourth. I did that workout 6 weeks later and it was no problem. I love crossfit. It boosts my mood and makes me feel good about myself more than any other form of exercise ever has.
  • _ylime_
    _ylime_ Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!