Diet / sugar free versions

squankmuffin
squankmuffin Posts: 130 Member
What do people think about sugarless sweets? Are they a good start as a straight alternative, or do they just encourage you to crave more sweet things?

What do you think?

Replies

• kay1188
    kay1188 Posts: 132 Member
    THEY ARE MORE EXPENSIVE WHERE I LIVE AND THEY DONT ALL TASTE AS GOOD AS THE ORIGINAL
  • Eunicemaye
    Eunicemaye Posts: 17 Member
    I have heard that artificial sweetners just make you crave sweets more. They seem to mess with my stomach so i stay away from them. And i really don't think that I crave sweets as much as i used to since i stopped drinking diet sodas about 3 months ago.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    i don't think they're good if you actively trying to lose weight. once you're closer to goal they are a nice treat though.

i would love to try some candy made with stevia though.
  • I use them mainly because I am a diabetic, I really try to not eat that much though. I try to use Splenda only but that is not always an option.
  • rachelilb
    rachelilb Posts: 179 Member
    They have helped me a ton. I really don't think I would have lost weight if i wasn't eating sugar free sweets. I don't find that they make me crave sweets more. I would eventually like to cut them out of my diet a little because I would assume that eating them too frequently is not good for you.