A Total Body Circuit Training Workout

Options
BrightBecky
BrightBecky Posts: 11 Member
I love doing circuit training, it's so easy to do without equipment and it burns a max amount of calories. My personal goal is to circuit train at least 3 times a week, I find them easy to fit into my busy lifestyle because I can do them from home! Here's a great explanation about what makes circuits so great for your overall body health.

What makes Circuit Training so good?

The quick pace and constant changing nature of circuit training places a unique type of stress on the body, which differs from normal exercise activities, like weight training and aerobics.
The demands of circuit training tend to prepare the body in a very even, all-round manner. I have found circuit training to be an exceptional form of exercise to aid in the prevention of injury. Circuit training is one of the best ways I've found to condition your entire body (and mind).
There are many other reasons why circuit training is a fantastic form of exercise, and what most of these reasons come down to is flexibility. In other words, circuit training is totally customizable to your specific requirements.

■Circuit training can be totally personalized. Whether you're a beginner, or an elite athlete, you can modify your circuit training routine to give you the best possible results.
■Also, you can change the focus of your circuit training routine to emphasize strength, endurance, agility, speed, skill development, weight loss, or any other aspect of your fitness that is important to you.
■Circuit training is time efficient. No wasted time in between sets: Maximum results in minimum time.
■You can do circuit training just about anywhere.
■You don't need expensive equipment. You don't even need a gym membership. You can just as easily put together a great circuit training routine at home or in a park. By using your imagination, you can devise all sorts of exercises using things like chairs and tables, and even children's outdoor play equipment like swings and monkey bars.
■Another reason why I like circuit training so much is that it's great fun to do in pairs or groups. Half the group exercises while the other half takes a rest and motivates the exercising members of the group.

Here's a Circit to try from home!

A Total Body Circuit Training Workout
This circuit can be done individually, or in a group, and should take about 10 minutes to finish. Beginners should take a 30 to 45 second rest after each exercise and a 3 to 5 minute rest after each circuit. Intermediate exercisers should not rest after each exercise but can rest 3 minutes after each circuit. While advanced exercisers should not rest until they have completed at least 2 circuits.

1.Squat Jumps: 10 to 15 repetitions
2.Standard Push-ups: 10 to 15 repetitions
3.Calf Raises: 15 to 20 repetitions
4.Bench Dips: 10 to 15 repetitions
5.Abdominal Crunches: 15 to 20 repetitions
6.Jump Rope: 60 seconds
7.Squat Jumps: 10 to 15 repetitions
8.Standard Push-ups: 10 to 15 repetitions
9.Calf Raises: 15 to 20 repetitions
10.Bench Dips: 10 to 15 repetitions
11.Abdominal Crunches: 15 to 20 repetitions
12.Jump Rope: 60 seconds

Read the full article at http://www.thestretchinghandbook.com/archives/circuit-training-routines.php

Replies