Your workouts/eating plans

Options
hotpickles
hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
Thought this would be fun to see what everyone does.

What is your workout style? How do you eat on a daily basis? Are you following a specific plan?

With me, I haven't started back at the weights yet because my hand is still a little ways from being completely healed. Having said that, I'm sticking to running and walking. I want to try something that I know I'll stick to, but right now I don't have the funds to go and take some classes.

As far as my eating plan, I try my best to eat "real" foods. I don't track calories or anything else. What is most important to me is eating foods I prepare myself with fresh ingredients.

Replies

• skinnycyn83
    Options
    I'm on my 2nd week of Insanity. I don't have the funds either, but a friend let me borrow his copy so, I'm taking full advantage. It's going great; I have more energy to run around w my 2.5 year old and I notice that I don't feel the need to gorge on fatty food. My body MAKES me stop at not even half the meal (that's when I know I shouldn't be eating it in the first place). I also started the Shakeology meal replacement shakes. It satisfies me and I know I'm getting the nutrients that I need on a daily basis. I am counting calories, but also trying to eat more raw/natural foods.

Problem that I'm having is that my husband and I started the Insanity at the same time and he's going on day 5 that he hasn't worked out. He's also started eating the way we were b4 we decided to get "in shape". He's my rock and the one who agreed to help me thru this struggle and now he's backing out. I've done well and not fallen back into that life, but I don't know if I'll loose interest later bc he's out or what. I'm trying to be strong and stick w this (BECAUSE I'M ACTUALLY SEEING RESULTS!!!)
  • hotpickles
    Options
    I'm on my 2nd week of Insanity. I don't have the funds either, but a friend let me borrow his copy so, I'm taking full advantage. It's going great; I have more energy to run around w my 2.5 year old and I notice that I don't feel the need to gorge on fatty food. My body MAKES me stop at not even half the meal (that's when I know I shouldn't be eating it in the first place). I also started the Shakeology meal replacement shakes. It satisfies me and I know I'm getting the nutrients that I need on a daily basis. I am counting calories, but also trying to eat more raw/natural foods.

Problem that I'm having is that my husband and I started the Insanity at the same time and he's going on day 5 that he hasn't worked out. He's also started eating the way we were b4 we decided to get "in shape". He's my rock and the one who agreed to help me thru this struggle and now he's backing out. I've done well and not fallen back into that life, but I don't know if I'll loose interest later bc he's out or what. I'm trying to be strong and stick w this (BECAUSE I'M ACTUALLY SEEING RESULTS!!!)

My advice? Just keep going! I think if he sees you really stick to this program, it will actually motivate him to do the same!
  • skinnycyn83
    Options
    Oh I'm def moving on w/o him! He missed 5 days last week and told me that he was "burnt out" but I can't see how; the workouts are only 45 mins long and he's more in shape than me (due to being an electrician). But I do realize that he's tired of sweating all day and being in heat.

He's noticed that I'm not stuffing my face w him anymore and he told me that he "misses his miss piggy" and I respond w "well, I don't!" He tests me, but I don't fall for it. I've got to be strong!!!!!

Thanks for your support!
  • hotpickles
    Options
    Atta girl! That's so awesome!

Way to set a positive example, you ROCK!