Hello All!

Options
rsellersCST
rsellersCST Posts: 333 Member
Hi there everyone...

Stumbled upon this group... we've recently added taking hikes in to our staying active plan... :-)

We've done three different ones over the past few weeks... Maxwell Falls, Indian Creek Trail and then today... the Diamond Lake trail up near Eldora... ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!

We've managed to get the kids to enjoy it... and it's been a new adventure each time.

I don't know how to calculate how much of a calorie burn it is... I just know I get well out of breath and pretty gosh darn sweaty, but the best part is... I do all that and I REALLY enjoy it. :-)

We are trying to work our way up to eventually climbing a fourteener... that's the idea. I saw there is another thread about favorite winter hikes and I'm going to check that out... as I think we need to keep hiking when we can.

The only one we've done that I guess would qualify as being in winter conditions is the Mesa Trail... kind of across from Community Ditch.

Glad to find this group.... like hearing of new and different hikes of varying levels... some for all of us... and some to inspire us.