How bad will it be?

Options
csorenson22
csorenson22 Posts: 23 Member
I'm looking to get a new tattoo on my left calf that wraps around my whole calf/shin. Nothing solid, more like flowers w/ filigree. I'm a little scared that getting work on my shin will hurt. Those of you who have it, how bad was it?

I've had one small tattoo on my right outer calf, and it felt nothing worse than mosquito bites, but I chose that spot specifically because I was told it's not painful.

Replies

• hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I don't have any ink there but I heard from friends that it wasn't too bad. I have a tattoo on my foot and they said calf hurts less. I didn't find getting tattooed on my foot all that painful so you should be alright.
  • TattoodITGuy
    Options
    Just relax and you'll be fine. After a few minutes its numb (atleast it was for me) and youll hardly feel it.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Harden up. If large tattoos didn't hurt, everyone would have them and then what's the whole point of it anyway?

;)
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    as long as it doesn't go in the ditch behind the knee yer fine ..... the shin was probably easiest off all my tattoos
  • StarLady82
    StarLady82 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've had quite a few all around the ankle area and they were ok. I think the most uncomfortable part was the shading, but it couldn't have been that bad because I'm planning my next :laugh:
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I had 3 hours on my leg about two years ago, if it's a piece that big be prepared for mega stiffness in your leg the following day. I was hobbling round like a zombie the day after!

The tattoo itself in that area is not so painful. It does get a bit sore after a couple of hours if there's a lot of work in one area but it's an easy area to cope with. :)