HR too high?

Options
lepow
lepow Posts: 92 Member
Hi all. I finished W1 last week as did most of you; I did okay with all the runs and didn't skip any, and still felt great (not exhausted or anything). I noticed, though, that my HR would get up to 190 during the running portions; according to the formula, my max HR should only be 191. I didn't ever feel like I was going to explode or pass out, though, so I'm confused. Should I re-do W1 to get my HR under control, or will I be okay to move to W2 and see how I feel?

Any suggestions? Thanks for all your help!

Replies

• AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    If you can get up to it with a slow run (I assume none of us were record breaking in week 1) I would actually guess it's not your actual max. Two options - either redo the week, or not press to go quite as fast this week. If you felt okay I'd go on again but maybe try to scale it back a little bit if you're worried - we're not supposed to be sprinting yet, just getting our bodies used to running.
  • lepow
    lepow Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am by no means going fast. lol. Thanks for your reply. I think I'm going to move on to week 2 to see how it goes. :)
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Haha I figured, I'm sure not either! If all else fails trust your body. If you feel okay I wouldn't worry - I mean...if you were running without a hrm you wouldn't even know you had a "problem" since you felt fine. I'm not an expert or anything, but I like the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality! :)