Cement boot feeling in my legs. Anyone ever have this?

Hootsmamma
Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
I have had this feeling since January, and it just won't go away. Instead of walking, I feel like I am trudging through wet cement everywhere I go, or that I am literaly wearing cement boots all the time.

This is a different feeling for me. I was diagnoised in '97 with RR MS and have not had such a feeling before, esp for so long. I have tried several rounds of IV steriods-with no success,. Legs are still heavy.

I have been on Copaxone since '98 and was just switched to Tysabri in July (one infusion so far).

So, anyone out there ever have this problem? If so, how long did it last for you and what /if anything made it better?

Thanks.

Replies

• Sinisi2012
    Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member
    Yes I had this in my left leg for months, then it went away, for the most part after 4-5 months of IV Solumed treatments. Now it does come back from time to time in less intense and shorter episodes, that are more of an annoyance and do not require meds. It usually rears it's ugly head when I am tired, stressed or sick.

Hope you feel better soon :flowerforyou:
  • Hootsmamma
    Thank-you! It's now been 8 months, and is getting a bit old. Time for it to go away :wink:
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    :flowerforyou: Yep, been there. Mine usually happens when I'm overly tired, stand too long, or work out too much. Rest is the only thing that makes it better. Sorry... wish there was an answer for you.
  • goncountry
    goncountry Posts: 75 Member
    Yes! Left leg, one of my very first symptoms. This feeling also returns if I don't take my Avonex on time like I should. Also, when stress hits I can feel it in my leg.....it feels like it weighs 150 pounds alone.
  • kenja79
    kenja79 Posts: 7 Member
    Unfortunately, this was one of my first symptoms too. In 2009, I had IV Solu and that didn't help and it was there for months and months. It finally started to go away, but it took it's sweet time. I haven't had that feeling come and stay again, but if I do get tired, stressed, sick, etc...it will only last for a short time. Sounds like you were beginning an exacerbation when the heaviness started for you since you said you never had that happen to you before and has lasted for a while & unfortunately these stupid flare ups can last quite a while. All you can do at this point is rest rest rest, keep yourself healthy and try not to stress too much over anything. I LOATHE this feeling and for you to have had it for this long now, I know it's one that you wish would go away to never return. Good luck my dear and I hope it goes away soon and NEVER comes back like this for you again!
  • Hootsmamma
    Thanks everyone!
  • heidienglund
    heidienglund Posts: 20 Member
    My nuerologist put me on Cymbalta, and it's the best I have felt my feet yet! I also take gabapentin and flexoril together, not a very high dose. And my injectible is Betaseron. I wish you good luck; this is the best my feet have been and you really can appreciate the difference, if your happy and you know it, thank your meds! take care!
  • CarmenLynn75
    CarmenLynn75 Posts: 118 Member
    It's even worse after 3 beer- really pees me off to look wazoood when I'm not. Gatta love it when you slur too. Maybe after one glass of wine. Then wherever you show up figures you been drinkin a few hours..lmao- An if you're real lucky, your arm will cease to listen. at all. period.

Then the next day :D I can get up and run to the store and go for a hike an fishin..and I havta laugh- cuz yesterday cud be tomorrow. Without alcohol.

It used to be every four days when I really realized it. Now it's every 2 sometimes. Or every one for a while. Then 2 good. Probly isn't a good thing it's going like that eh?

o heck- I'll edit again - LOL-
    So I haven't drank in a long time, but today I think I may just go grab 6 and go fishin..